Details: Compensation: $40-$42 instructional/$15 administrative
2090 Seventh Avenue
Summer Quest’s mission is to ignite intellectual curiosity, prepare students for competitive exams and to cultivate academic development through a variety of inquiry and project-based enrichment classes throughout the summer. Our goal is to offer rising 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th graders a competitive advantage for the upcoming school year.
- Orientation: June 27th and 28th, 2018
- Summer Program : July 9th – August 10th , 2018
- Class is held Monday and Wednesday from 2:30-4:30 PM. Instructor is required to be at HEAF 2:00-5:00 PM for 30 minutes prep and clean up after class.
Architecture Course Description
This project-based learning course is designed to introduce students to both the field of architecture and the field of urban design. The teacher develops and implements student-centered, interdisciplinary architecture & urban design curriculum that culminates in group projects and presentations. This five week course will culminate in a final group presentation that will demonstrate student mastery in all areas of course matter. The ideal candidate will be able to utilize progressive didactic, coaching and experiential instruction models. The ability to create a fun, safe and rich learning environment is essential.
· B.A. in Architecture, Urban Design, Civil Engineering or a related field (M.A. preferred)
· Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in middle school, high school, or community based organizations
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Impeccable classroom management skills
· Willingness to promote HEAF educational and youth development philosophy
· Ability to work collaboratively with the HEAF staff
· Ability and willingness to commit to entire five week Summer Quest program
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter with resume to:
Associate Director of High Expectations
Attn: Summer Quest Teacher Search
Fax (212) 663-9736
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
NO Phone calls please