About the Organization
Swaniti Initiative is a non-partisan, social enterprise that delivers development solutions to policymakers and representatives. Swaniti works with State Governments and Parliamentarians across 17 states. Swaniti supports addressing the issues of health, education, gender, water, sanitation, climate change and livelihood. We work through a three-pronged approach: provide research support on key government programs and initiatives, on-ground implementation insights for delivery of public service and technological intervention to improve service delivery.
Overview of the project:
Swaniti Initiative in collaboration with several civil society organizations will be providing technical assistance to the Government of Tripura in pursuit to increase awareness on health and fitness in the state through its existing schemes, on a mission to increase the reach of the ‘Khelo India’ Initiative at ground level. This is envisioned to be done by strengthening the existing schemes and programs implemented by the State that significantly contribute towards curbing the health issues and creating awareness towards a healthier lifestyle.
Swaniti Initiative is looking for an enthusiastic and curious professional, who is eager to contribute to the government system by providing research inputs and help reengineering the schemes and programs that contribute towards the goal of a fit nation by promoting sporting activities. The work will be focused around need assessment, situation analysis, data analysis, stakeholder engagement, Project design – implementation and monitoring in close collaboration with the allied departments of the state and the union government. The associate may get an opportunity to make focused interventions at the district and state level by working directly with government stakeholders. S/he will be acting as a resource person for the project team and several departments of the government at the state and the district level and will report directly to the Project Manager of Swaniti Initiative. The position provides a tremendous opportunity to get exposure to multiple domains while working with the government.
• The candidate must possess a master’s degree in yoga, sports, public health, rural development, or other similar subjects.
• At least 2 years of work experience in the development sector.
• Preference given to candidates possessing experience working in consulting roles with government organizations.
• Oversee the implementation of the approved projects, through regular field visits and raise flags at appropriate levels in case of potential delays or cost overruns
• To assist the project manager and government as per the target
• Work with various stakeholders and liasioning with them
• Facilitate the approval of the Action Plans for the objectives by the nodal departments of the state government
• Documentation for the project
• Any other duties may be assigned for the successful completion of the project.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues, and recommend solutions.
• Proven ability to identify innovations and translate them into implementable practices.
• Competency in the usage of IT tools including proficiency in MS Office suite.
• Strong oral and writing skills in English with effective documentation skills.
• Ability to communicate in Bengali is a must.
Job Type: Full Time (Short term, renewable on performance basis)
Remuneration: Commensurate to market standards and relevant experience
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Reports to: Project Manager, Swaniti Initiative
About the Organization
Swaniti Initiative is a non-partisan, social enterprise that delivers development solutions to policymakers and representatives. Swaniti works with State Governments and Parliamentarians across 17 states…