Details: Compensation commensurate with experience. Includes benefit package.
774 Port Richmond Avenue
Job Title: Cooperative Developer
Classification: Exempt, Full Time
Reports To: Executive Director
ABOUT LA COLMENA: La Colmena empowers immigrant workers and their families through education, organizing, culture, and economic development. To this end, La Colmena provides a space where workers learn and assert their rights, develop their leadership and become active members in their community.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Cooperative Developer is responsible for coordinating the Worker Cooperative incubation Project at La Colmena, including providing developmental assistance to our worker-owned cooperatives.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Working collaboratively with both La Colmena and the members of worker-owned cooperatives, the Cooperative Developer will:
- Provide training and technical assistance to cooperative members
- Develop a business planning retreat and set goals for 2018
- Provide assistance with bookkeeping and payroll systems
- Train cooperative members to manage back office systems
- Develop client retention strategies
- Develop on-the-job protocols
- Develop peer-to-peer evaluation systems
- Increase visibility on Staten Island via marketing strategies
- B.A. or M.A. in Social Work, Sociology, Community Development, Business, Public Administration or a related field
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cooperative members
- Knowledge of and commitment to issues of workers rights, immigration rights, as well as the ideas and practice of cooperative business models
Compensation commensurate with experience. Includes benefit package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and letter of interest with the subject line "Cooperative Developer" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
People from communities that traditionally experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity or immigration status; women; new parents; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.