NJSACC: NJ’s Afterschool and Out-of-School Time (OST) Professional Network Seeks Communications Coordinator (Part-Time)
NJSACC: NJ’s Afterschool and Out-of-School Time (OST) Professional Network is looking to hire a part-time Communications Coordinator. NJSACC’s Communications Coordinator oversees the infrastructure of the organization’s communications. We refer to digital technology as tools, systems and devices that can generate, create, store or process data.
Title of Position and Description:
- The Communications Coordinator disseminates all external communications to NJSACC’s statewide network; designs and manages all website pages and custom webinars; heavily supports the graphic design and registration components for training sessions, conferences, and virtual meetings; tracks the agency’s web activity and analytics in real-time; helps to develop sponsorship packets; pursues relevant professional development and trends; works with the Information Technology Consultant and COO to resolve any technology issues; and assists in drafting communications policies, as needed.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Disseminate daily content across a network of afterschool practitioners
- Maintain a weekly and daily communications schedule
- Regularly blog and manage all blog posts and social media accounts, including WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube
- Design, redesign and audit website pages (familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred)
- Provide heavy graphic design, setup and registration support for three annual conferences and most online training sessions
- Collaborate on various work plans, communicate with contacts, follow up with tasks, and create email campaigns (familiarity with Salesforce preferred)
- Be the Chair and handle logistics for Showcase Alley, NJSACC’s annual vendors fair at our annual conference
- Be a thought partner and collaborator with a nine-person staff including the handling of across-the-board tasks such as: setup, messaging, readiness, and rollout
- Document processes, track time, provide updates, monitor results, and evaluate data using Google shared drives, Salesforce and other tools
- Facilitate workshops as well as virtual meetings in areas such as social networking, digital marketing, and communications for afterschool and OST professionals, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or three to five (3 to 5) years of comparable experience in early childhood education, social work, communications or related field preferred
- 3+ years of graphic design and print experience (proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite preferred)
- Ability to work with print companies and understand printing requirements
- Experience and enthusiasm in working with afterschool and out-of-school time professionals and programs, preferred
- Highly organized, motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently, and manage time and projects effectively
- Demonstrate and maintain effective communication skills
- Technologically savvy; high level of competence in the use of technology including proficiency with at least Microsoft Office, Google suite, Salesforce, spreadsheets, databases, word processing, PowerPoint presentations, Zoom, email and cell phone functions (experience with some Information Technology preferred)
- Knowledgeable about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
- Experience in developing and maintaining data management systems
- Ability to work virtually and professionally from a remote location and/or from NJSACC’s Westfield, NJ office location
- Able to agree to and follow all of the applicable staff guidelines as detailed in the NJSACC Employee Manual
- NJSACC is a statewide agency, serving all of New Jersey. However, our office is located in Westfield, NJ. Ideally, the Communications Coordinator will work mostly remotely, occasionally in-person at our Westfield office location, or on a hybrid schedule (remote and in-person).
- Required meetings, conferences, and other events will take place virtually and in-person, as scheduled.
Please use the application button below to submit your application, but for questions only, please contact: