Recruitment Manager at Match Charter Public School in Boston (IMMEDIATE OPENING)
- Job posted by Match Education
Details: competitive, based on experience
215 Forest Hills Street
Position: Recruitment Manager
Location: Boston, MA with some travel
Start date: Immediate
ABOUT THE MATCH CHARTER PUBLIC SCHOOL
The Match Public Charter School is a high-performing, innovative charter public school in Boston, serving students from Pre-K to 12th grade on multiple campuses across the city. Our mission is to prepare students from Boston for success in college and beyond. Match Charter Public School students are some of the highest performing students in the state, and over 80% of our graduating seniors enter four year colleges every year (For more information on our results, please visit us at http://www.matchschool.org.)
Our school design is unique. We have unusually high academic and behavioral expectations for our students: our students, for example, are required to take multiple advanced placement classes before graduating. We pair this rigorous curriculum with robust supports from teachers, school leadership, and our tutoring program.
Our Associate Teachers and Match Corps tutors play a significant role in supporting our students. Our Match Corps tutors--most of whom are recent college graduates--have a strong desire to make a tangible impact on the students they serve and do this through small group tutoring and relationships with students and families. Our Associate Teachers are individuals who have had worked for at least one year in a school setting or youth development organization and have decided to pursue a career in teaching. Our Associate Teachers apprentice with experienced teachers and learn to teach through classroom experience and training from the Charles Sposato Graduate School of Education.
In the coming years, we will recruit and hire anywhere from 60-75 Associate Teachers and Match Corps tutors annually. As such, Match is seeking a Recruitment Manager to play an integral role in finding the best talent for these positions. This individual will be a member of a 5-person team tasked with developing and executing creative strategies to recruit talented cohorts in a challenging recruitment landscape.
The Recruitment Manager will report directly to the Dean of the Charles Sposato GSE.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
· Collaborate with the Dean and the rest of the tutor recruitment team to develop a recruitment strategy, including job posting, digital and non-digital employment marketing.
· Establish and maintain partnerships with other organizations to source for talent.
· Manage aspects of the selection process, including posting, resume review, phone interviews, and onsite interviews.
· Use data to evaluate and reﬁne Match's approach to cultivating and selecting candidates for the Match Associate Teacher Program and Match Corps Program.
· Maintain clear, concise communications with all stakeholders including applicants, potential applicants, hiring managers, and others.
· Ensure job postings, communications, and collateral are up to date and consistent.
· Support processing of teacher and staff applications as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Competitive applicants will possess:
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 2-3 years of prior experience in recruitment and/or an urban education setting.
· An unwavering commitment to Match’s mission of college success and beyond.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work strategically and professionally under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact and relate well with a range of people from diverse backgrounds.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to write and present information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Meticulous attention to detail and ability to multitask; and
· Excitement about receiving feedback and using it to grow continually.
ABOUT MATCH EDUCATION
Match Education (www.matcheducation.org) is the shared brand name of The Match Charter Public School, The Match School Foundation, Inc., and The Sposato Graduate School of Education®.
Match Education is an engine of discovery and applied innovation in education. We operate high-performing urban public charter schools and a unique graduate school of education that trains teachers for high-poverty schools. Out of this applied work, we refine, validate empirically, and eventually disseminate new ideas and practices on core questions in education reform. (For a video snapshot, please click here.)
The Match Foundation, Inc., The Charles Sposato Graduate School of Education, Inc., and Match Charter Public School prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under state or federal law in any aspect of the access to, admission, or treatment of students in its programs and activities, or in employment and application for employment.
Minimum Education Required