Full Time Temporary Contract
Tom Landry Freeway
This is a temporary 8 months position with the qualified person responsible for assisting in the selling, planning, and coordinating of all aspects of the speaking, fundraising, tour covering 4 locations in the US.
The individual will be responsible for securing locations, coordinating volunteers, securing sponsorship, travel arrangements, and publicizing the events in coordination with social media person.
You will work directly with our volunteers and key staff ensuring that events are delivered with expertise and precision. That includes working through event execution checklists, delegation and hiring of individuals responsible for planning and organizing on each site with exceptional attention to detail.
To be successful, you'll need to be able to manage large groups confidently, professionally and calmly. You'll also need to have a strong grasp on technology, using it for your own personal management, and for the planning and delivery of events.
We're looking for someone who can work a flexible schedule, including mornings, nights, weekdays and weekends as needed to realize success! You will need to be comfortable working from home and out on location as needed and therefore need to be an expert in managing your time and able to prioritize the critical tasks on your schedule.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is already familiar with the lifestyle involved with running events, perhaps for themselves, or other organizations. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a challenge that they can fit into their existing schedule and are available to take on this temporary task successfully.
Skills, qualities, and experience:
- Previous experience in event planning or project coordination
- Possess excellent interpersonal, written and customer service skills
- Confidence in speaking and cold calling
- Ability to handle conflicts in an efficient and professional manner
- Past supervisory or managerial experience in order to manage your events team
- High level of professionalism, with an ability to work effectively without supervision
- Strong problem solving abilities, extraordinary attention to detail, and a positive can do attitude
- Must have ability to work from a home office with a computer, cell phone, and printer
- Portfolio of previous event planning with references
This is a contracted or temporary position that will begin immediately and continue through the October 2018.
Compensation: Contract position or hourly rate based on experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
References required along with portfolio. No phone calls, please. Candidate can work from anywhere in the US.