District of Columbia
The Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations, will work with the Senior Director to implement a multi-year plan to support AU’s comprehensive campaign. The position will contribute to building a formally structured Office of Foundation and Corporate Relations, which will help to foster broad scale, multi-faceted interaction between the University and the full range of foundation and corporate funding opportunities. The Director will work closely with faculty across campus to assist in the development of proposal concepts, leverage engagement opportunities with corporate and foundation prospects and current donors, and focus on gifts and grants of $100,000 or more.
The Director will collaborate with colleagues across campus, including members of Development and Alumni Relations (DAR), Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) and other administrative offices.
- The Director reports to the Sr. Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations and works independently
- The Director has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may coordinate activities among faculty and staff in support of achieving program goals
- This position may require travel outside the Washington metropolitan area 10-20% of the timime
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Team Leader A
- Commensurate with experience
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seven years or more of relevant experience
- Must be energetic self-starter with abilities to set priorities, work independently and in a team environment
- Strong writing, research, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with university leaders, corporate and foundation leadership and staff and faculty
- Proven record of implementing successful CFR strategies
Preferred Education and Experience
- Advanced degree
- Experience in corporate research and development
- Familiarity with fundraising systems and strong command of MS Office Suite of product
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log into AsuccessfulU through the myAU portal. Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com.
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Minimum Education Required