115 West 31st Street
The Win Volunteer Services Program encompasses the recruitment, training, placement and coordination of volunteers who work throughout Win in various capacities as well as the cultivation and distribution of all in-kind donations to the organization. The Program matches Win client and staff needs with appropriate volunteers/donors (either individuals or groups) to create an enriching experience for clients, provide products/services/expertise that Win might not be able to afford/have access to and provide a supplementary workforce to ease staff workloads. Our volunteers are an essential part of the Win team and make a significant difference in the lives of the families we serve.
The Director of Volunteer Services develops the vision for and provides oversight of the Volunteer Services Program throughout the Win organization. The Director is responsible for the development and implementation of an exemplary volunteer program including building a strong and efficient infrastructure that promotes growth. The Director is also responsible for developing and deepening the engagement of our volunteers across all levels – individuals, corporations, employee groups, schools, etc. – ultimately converting those relationships into Win Ambassadors and donors. Within the organization, this position acts as a consultant to senior management and the board on all matters pertaining to volunteerism.
- Develop annual/quarterly plans that include overarching strategies, organizational infrastructure plans, evaluation metrics and forecasts of demand for volunteer needs.
- Work closely with Development and Client Services to develop solutions and programs to meet organizational needs, enrich our clients’ experience and engage volunteers in innovative ways – specifically develop volunteer-to-donor and donor-to-volunteer initiatives.
- Continually assess and evaluate staffing and programming needs and improve internal processes and protocols.
- Develop departmental standards and best practices for recruitment, screening, placement and training of volunteers, communications, calendars, etc.
- Provide updates and reports to management and the board about the state of the Program, its impact on our organization and long-term needs and goals.
- Cultivate and nurture existing strategic partnerships with the goal of increasing volunteer engagement.
- Explore and develop new partnerships and collaborations, represent the organization at key meetings with prospects, partake in strategic conversations and develop bespoke team building volunteer opportunities that maximize our relationship and their engagement.
- Work with management to ensure goals of volunteer program align with Win’s long-term strategic plans.
- Supervise Volunteer Services Managers in the successful management and implementation of the Volunteer Services Program.
- Direct recruitment, screening and placement of volunteers. Supervise volunteer orientation sessions, trainings and presentations.
- Establish process to identify, train and recognize ‘volunteer leaders’ to support all operations and meet the needs of our growing organization.
- Maintain close relationships with all Win facilities and specifically educate staff on leveraging volunteers, evaluating successes and ensuring feedback on event/workshop/participation.
- Plan and host Annual Volunteer Reception event and assist program sites in recognition events for their volunteers. Plan and attend Group Volunteer Events
- Oversee WIN’s annual volunteer campaigns including the Holiday Gift Program, Project Moving On, the Annual Backpack Drive, Halloween and Thanksgiving programs and other in-kind donation projects and special volunteer projects as needed and work with all programs in the distribution of donated resources.
- Supervise the administration of both individual and groups of volunteers including email and phone correspondence with potential volunteers, filing and tracking of volunteer data and follow up correspondence.
- Supervise maintenance of up-to-date records on all special events/initiatives, in-kind donations their current status and provide monthly program reports as requested.
- Work closely with Development and Marketing to identify content opportunities for website, social media, PR and monetary support.
- Provide guidance, support and professional development to Volunteer Services staff.
- Attend meetings and events as required that may include some evening and weekend hours.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A commitment to the mission and programs of Win
- Bachelors degree required.
- Excellent math, administrative, organizational and writing skills; attention to detail.
- Well versed in maintaining a presence across various social media platforms
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to adjust communication as socially and culturally appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and ability to cultivate and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of an organization.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience
- Must be able to travel to Win sites throughout all boroughs
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as required
- Previous volunteer work experience preferred
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Commuter Transit Check
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please visit: https://winnyc.hyrell.com/UI/Views/Applicant/VirtualStepCareers.aspx