5420 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway
Jiv Daya Foundation is a private family foundation based in Dallas, TX. Our broad mission is to improve quality of life for those most in need. Currently the Foundation operates several targeted initiatives in healthcare based in India. These include pediatric oncology, cancer and palliative care, disability/amputee assistance, and maternal and neonatal health. The Foundation provides training and salary support for social workers, counselors, nurses, data managers and physicians working in the above fields in India.
The Medical Grants Coordinator is a Dallas-based position for coordination and assistance with the oversight of projects within one or more focus areas in India. This may include, but is not limited to, developing strategies for the expansion of current India projects, monitoring progress and outcomes, creating status reports, tracking utilization of grant funds, communicating with grantees and staff supported by JDF grant funds, and administrative duties as assigned. This individual will be expected to produce regular presentations with areas for expansion, facilitate new and existing relationships, and write reports detailing the impact measured at grant sites. In addition, the grants coordinator will play a role in planning and organizing meetings in the Dallas office and in India for our grantees.
- 2+ years nonprofit experience in healthcare, public health or life science in an international health care setting
- Excellent academic track record and at least Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Preferably Master’s in Public Health
Desired Background/Skill Set:
- Previous experience living or traveling within South Asia or developing countries
- Interest or prior experience within the Foundation’s field of work
- Knowledge of other Indian languages is preferable but not required
- Data analysis knowledge and experience
- Familiarity with budgeting and accounting preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to making a difference in the lives of others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-starter and ability to anticipate tasks before explicitly given
- Openness to changing responsibilities depending on the stage of each project
Benefits package includes Medical and Dental, matching 401K, Life and Disability Insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com detailing why you are interested in the position, your relevant experience or background and why you believe this makes you suited for the position, and what you will offer to the foundation.