1200 12th Avenue South
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE & TECHNOLOGY – WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
Full-Time Exempt ● Location: Beacon Hill, Seattle
Equal Opportunity Employer
Seattle Jobs Initiative (SJI) is a non-profit organization that creates opportunities for people to support themselves and their families through living wage careers. All of our work is designed to eliminate barriers to well-paid, long-term work. We creatively align support services — like housing, childcare, transportation and counseling – with job skills training and job placement assistance.
SJI seeks to make change. Everything we do is fueled by critical thinking, innovation and collaboration. Our Director of Finance & Technology is a key member of the leadership team, is energized by leading a team of professionals and handling the day-to-day accounting responsibilities, which support the overall work of SJI. If any of these areas ring true to your experience or passions, let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
What will you do?
The Director of Finance & Technology is a strategic thought-partner, and a member of the senior management team reporting directly to the Executive Director (ED). This position is hands-on, while leading the staff responsible for the full range of financial, accounting, technology, and contracts and compliance functions for Seattle Jobs Initiative (SJI) a nonprofit 501 (3) (c) organization.
The Director of Finance & Technology collaborates with other leadership team members in strategic planning and decision making for SJI and provides financial guidance in the development and implementation of long-range business plans.
What qualifications and experience will our Director of Finance & Technology bring to SJI?
VALUES: A commitment to fulfilling our mission and exhibiting a high level of professional behavior in all aspects of their work. This includes our expected staff values: Excellent communication, professional and gracious behavior, collaboration, respect, and leadership behavior.
EDUCATION: Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or related field plus 10 years’ experience performing the functions described above.
- CPA license or CPA certified, preferred.
- Experience with overseeing a $3+ million (or more) budget on an annual basis and tracking fiscal year progress.
- 3+ years’ non-profit experience required. Familiarity with workforce development industry is a plus.
- 5+ years’ supervisory experience required. Strong managerial, leadership and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint) and with MIP accounting software.
- Creates a strong sense of mission and unity throughout SJI by modeling expected values, norms and behaviors including; collaboration, respect, accountability, empathy, responsibility, leadership behavior and tolerance.
- Ability to grow and adapt to changing business needs and to foster these attributes in others.
- Reviews and approves the day-to-day accounting work, including accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, cash receipts, and other general ledger activities. Ensure GAAP compliance. Manage the cost allocation system.
- Prior and successful experience preparing and submitting financial reports, budgets, and billings to management, the Board of Directors and external funders.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with peers, board members, staff, stakeholders, organization donors and the community.
- Proven business acumen and business planning.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to educate others about using operational, outcome and financial data to make more effective business decisions.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Regular and timely attendance.
Salary/Benefits: Starting wage between $78,500 - $95,000, company paid employee medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending accounts, company partially subsidized parking and/or transit, PTO (Paid time off), personal holidays, and 401(k) with SJI match.
Minimum Education Required