GBSN is seeking a part- time Administrative Assistant to manage a variety of administrative tasks including office supplies and logistics, providing accounting and operational support. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a small team. The ability to multi-task, be proactive, resourceful and organized are essential to this position. The Administrative Assistant position is based in Washington DC. The ideal schedule is 3-consecutive days of the week for an average of 18 hours.
- Organize and track GBSN’s filing, legal registrations and insurance to ensure sure everything is up to date and in good standing.
- Maintain and organize paper and electronic filing systems.
- Coordinate with the Accountant to ensure accounting, billing, accounts payable and grant agreements are properly tracked, entered and addressed.
- Prepare regularly scheduled reports including staff expense reports and account reconciliation.
- Assist with membership invoicing, payment follow-ups, confirmation of membership payments and cancellations.
- Assist with event and program financials.
- Record current administrative systems into a manual.
- Participates in and documents meeting minutes for regular board meetings, advisory board and steering committee meetings.
- Establish and maintain the organization’s furniture, fixture and equipment inventory.
- Order and manage office supplies.
- Provide real-time scheduling support by booking appointments, scheduling zoom calls and preventing conflict.
- Manage new and existing vendor/supplier relationships.
- Support staff with event logistics, travel arrangements and meeting scheduling.
- Coordinates logistics for meetings and presentations.
- Provide support to the team as needed.
- Conduct research for and prepare materials for the CEO’s meetings, events, and other projects.
- Organize all aspects of CEO’s travel.
- Manage scheduling and calendar.
- Prepare expense reports for CEO.
- Support organizational efforts that support the overall mission (e.g., newsletter, fundraising events, communications with partners/donors, etc.)
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Associate’s degree plus 1+ years of professional experience, or, a Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Highly proactive and dependable team player who takes the initiative in creating processes for more efficiency
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Self-starter and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; the ability to maintain confidential standards
- A strong personal commitment to development work and/or education such as that of GBSN’s mission is preferred
- Knowledge of customer relationship management software and cloud-based data tools is highly preferred
- U.S. work authorization is required
Reports to: Assistant Director, Communications & Membership and CEO
Hours: Part time (approximately 18 hours a week)
Compensation: $16-19 per hour
Office Location: This position is based in GBSN’s office in Washington DC.