29-76 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City
Title: Senior Employment Specialist
Unit: Employment Services
Reports to: Manager of Transitional Programs
Status: Full Time; Regular; Non - Exempt
Job Code: E117
Location: Long Island City
Date Prepared: May 17, 2018
He/she will work with the employment services team to assist with new program implementation and development. He/she will be responsible for properly placing participants in new positions. They will conduct outreach and build relationships with outside employers in order to help place participants in new work opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide one-on-one job coaching, searching, and placement support to 20+ graduates of the Fortune Corporate Fellowship Program;
· Identify and recruit job opportunities and employers that align with the work experience and trainings provided within the Fortune Corporate Fellowship Program;
· Facilitate weekly 2-hour job search and support groups at varying office locations;
· Outreach and onboard high-end corporate partners and vendors affiliated with the Fortune Corporate Fellowship Program;
· Assist with development of program pitch, marketing materials, and program summary materials (playbook);
· Provided ongoing interviewing, professional and skills development feedback to fellows for duration of program;
· Utilize a strategic, individualized approach to place clients in sustainable jobs and assist with placement of 200+ graduates from additional hard and soft skills training programs;
· Demonstrate to employers the effectiveness and profitability of employing Fortune’s jobseekers by identifying positions commensurate with their skill sets;
· Establish high-touch relationships with employers that allow for the flow of information regarding problems, complaints, and progress of recently placed jobseekers; identify and discuss corrective action strategies with direct supervisor as needed;
· Educate employers on the socioeconomic advantages of hiring from Fortune’s pool of candidates; be able to cite recent departmental employment statistics and competitive advantage of hiring from Fortune;
· Assist in the completion of strong working resumes for each jobseeker and ensure the candidate’s ability to speak to their resume prior to their interview(s); instruct applicants in job search and interviewing techniques as needed;
· Work alongside the Employment Services Vocational Counseling Team to determine job-readiness of each candidate and identify top candidates for specific job orders;
· Maintain regular phone, email, and in-person communication with clients in account base; document all pertinent discussions, milestones, events, and incidents in real-time in the Harmony database system;
· Monitor and report on the employment status and salary/benefits/hours of clients on a weekly to monthly basis; track job retention at critical milestones throughout the year with the overarching goal of attaining 365-day continuous employment for each individual.
· Minimum of an Associate’s degree preferred;
· Demonstrated experience in the workforce development field, or in a related sales capacity, with a solid, proven job bank/lead list, strong references and familiarity/comfort with working in a quota-driven environment and significant cross-sector job placement experience;
· Ability to track client information and job leads in on-line database and Excel, and use email and internet for communicating with clients and potential employers;
· Recruitment experience in corporate or for-profit setting is preferred
· Proven ability to place candidates in sustainable jobs;
· Multi-sector, multi-contract placement experience;
· Strong working knowledge of the five boroughs;
· Strong resume development ability;
· Experience working with at risk and/or formerly incarcerated population a plus;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus;
· Demonstrated willingness to work within a team environment while also achieving, maintaining, personal monthly goals.
Requires travel throughout the 5 boroughs to reach out to current and potential new employment partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of do
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at: