Girls Educational and Mentoring Services’ (GEMS) mission is to empower girls and young women, ages 12–29, who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation and domestic trafficking to exit the commercial sex industry and develop to their full potential. GEMS is committed to ending commercial sexual exploitation and domestic trafficking by changing individual lives, transforming public perception, and revolutionizing the systems and policies that impact commercially sexually exploited youth.
The Communications Manager is responsible for articulating and communicating the GEMS voice, stance and brand across all platforms. From emails and social media to events, campaigns and fundraising collateral, this critical position requires someone with a strong marketing and communications background and the ability to articulate GEMS mission and vision to current and future program participants, donors, and the general public. The Communications Manager will also work collaboratively with the development and program teams to design and execute creative and fresh donor events that attract new audiences to GEMS. This position requires someone who is both creative and highly logistically minded and has a deep passion for the equity and empowerment of women experiencing commercial sexual exploitation and domestic trafficking.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Manage content creation and strategic distribution of content among GEMS platforms (website,
blog, newsletters, and social media), working with multiple staff members who may have
competing priorities and timelines
• Design and conduct routine website updates to effectively promote GEMS programs to
prospective members, attract new donors and educate the public about GEMS work
• Create promotional materials for GEMS events and programs and promote on GEMS member
• Create fundraising materials, pitch decks, and other marketing collateral for events, individual
donors, and foundations as needed
• Manage full communications calendar and collaborate with the development and program teams
to meet all deadlines in a timely manner
• Liase with graphic design and video contractors to artfully and effectively tell the GEMS story
• Provide communications support for other departments as needed for GEMS programs and events
• Able to work in the U.S
• Bachelor's Degree a plus
• 3-4+ years of experience in digital marketing and communications
• Experience managing a brands voice and fielding inquiries on social media
• Experienced project manager; comfortable with handling all the details and implementing the
plan as well as holding both internal and external stakeholders accountable to meet deadlines
• Both highly creative and detail-oriented in the execution of complex projects on tight timelines
• Experience in events management
• A desire to work on a highly collaborative and creative team that is passionate about creating
meaningful experiences to connect people to the long-term work of empowering girls and young
women who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation and trafficking.
• Design experience a plus
• Experience with website and email campaign platforms
Survivor Leadership and Transformative Relationship
Girls Educational and Mentoring Services’ (GEMS) mission is to empower girls and young women, ages 12–29, who have experienced commercial sexual exploitation and domestic trafficking to exit the commercial sex industry and…
Full benefits package offered
Full benefits package offered
Email a PDF of your resume and cover letter to Katie Ellis, GEMS’ Deputy Director of Development
(email@example.com) with Communications Manager in the subject line along with 1-3 samples that
represent your marketing experience. In the cover letter, please tell us why you would like to work for
GEMS and explain how your past experiences have equipped you for this role. Please include salary
GEMS is hoping to fill this role as soon as possible. Please inquire promptly.
SURVIVORS AND WOMEN OF COLOR STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.