BROADWAY SANSOME APARTMENTS
Job Summary: The Desk Clerk is responsible for maintaining safety and security of the building for all tenants. This position involves extensive interaction with staff, tenants, vendors, law enforcement, and visitors in compliance with Property Management Policy and House Rules.
Part-Time (16 hours); Nonexempt
Financial District and Chinatown Neighborhood, San Francisco
Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The Organization: A private non-profit founded in 1977, Chinatown Community Development Center believes in a comprehensive vision of community. We manage 28 affordable housing buildings serving over 2,800 low-income seniors, single adults, formerly homeless adults, and families of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco’s Chinatown, Tenderloin, Western Addition, and Polk Gulch neighborhoods. We also build housing, develop grassroots leadership, and engage low-income residents and youth. Our employees are passionate about the mission; thrive in a family organizational culture; and embody values of empowerment, teamwork, and compassion. Chinatown CDC serves a diverse population and is committed to hiring practices that provide culturally competent services. We encourage people of color to apply.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Screen all visitors who enter and leave building in compliance with Property Management’s Policies and Procedures as well as applicable House Rules.
- Update the visitor log, daily log, and other front desk forms
- Screen incoming phone calls and route phone messages to staff
- Report House Rules violations to the Property Manager
- Report all building emergencies to the Property Manager and/or Property Supervisor and respond accordingly.
- Respond to all building emergencies accordingly in the absence of Property Manager or Property Supervisors
- Assist tenants with requests e.g. open maintenance work orders
- Maintain orderliness of the front entrance, lobby, and adjoining rooms/areas
- Post and distribute tenant notices
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Pleasant and professional manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function under stressful circumstances
- Willingness to do varied tasks
- Calm disposition
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Sensitivity to issues facing homeless, disabled, and elderly populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the Financial District/ Chinatown neighborhood
- Prior experience with security and/or reception work
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Familiarity with Financial District/ Chinatown neighborhood
- Familiarity with fire panels and life safety/emergency procedures
- Bilingual in English and Chinese, and/or Spanish languages
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please click on the link below or visit our website: www.chinatowncdc.org to complete an online application.