Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
510 East 62nd Street
The Animal Medical Center is seeking a full-time Controller who will oversee the day-to-day accounting operations of AMC with an operating budget of approximately $40 million and supervise a team of 3 staff members, including functional responsibility over senior accountant, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash flow planning.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, investment reporting and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) standards and regulatory requirements
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions to ensure fidelity of data and timely monthly and year-end reporting
- Work with CFO in developing the annual budget
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep CFO abreast of the financial status and cash flow projections
- Understanding of GAAP, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) pronouncements
- Oversee the full coordination of all the audits and the gathering of required audit information, 990 preparations and filing activity
- Maintain continuous lines of communication and keep the CFO informed of all accounting issues
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Public accounting experience required
- Non-profit sector experience required
- Ideal candidate would be an audit manager at a public accounting firm whose clients are primarily non-profits, who is ready to move on to the private sector
Salary commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required