1395 Lexington Avenue
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Membership and Digital Giving, the Development Associate, Membership and Digital Giving will be responsible for supporting the membership and digital giving programs at 92nd Street Y. This will include implementing membership and digital giving strategy, and the production and analysis of results. The Associate will also be responsible for executing several mailings and other donor communications and assisting with donor events as needed.
- Assist with the execution and oversight of membership and email programs including acquisitions and renewals, year-end campaigns, the production of targeted mailing lists, copy, and collateral
- Work with the Senior Manager, Membership and Digital Giving to maintain the project schedule and ensure timely production and completion of membership mailings and emails
- Work with Development Operations staff to process gifts and produce acknowledgments in a timely manner
- Assist with identifying and producing targeted mailing lists
- Assist with implementing digital giving strategy and help maintain seamless user experience on the website for current and prospective donors
- Assist with analyzing data to draw meaningful conclusions and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of campaigns and increase giving levels
- Help develop relationships with direct mail consultants, mail houses, and printing suppliers providing guidance and responding to queries as directed
- Maintain a physical and digital database of completed mail/email projects
- Ensure invoices are paid timely and act as primary contact with vendors to resolve discrepancies as needed
- Assist with special projects as assigned, including special mailings, donor events, research of internal and external benchmarks, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-3 years of experience with membership or annual giving; experience with or strong interest in digital giving a plus
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording information
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding telephone and interpersonal skills required to deal with the public, including major and high-profile donors, board members and with internal colleagues
- Experience with Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases required; Tessitura experience preferred along with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our careers page and submit your resume and a cover letter.