Job Title: Operations Manager
Our mission is simple: Stop climate change.
Our bar is high: We need 100% of our team to be 100% in. With our small but highly motivated and mighty team, we’ve got to be fast paced, organized, data driven, nimble, creative, diligent, and fun.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in getting things done independently and successfully, will fearlessly and proactively tackle new challenges and responsibilities, crave working in a fast-paced and demanding high-profile environment, think creatively and analytically, and be flexible, highly organized, and seriously dedicated to stopping climate change and saving the world.
Position summary: As Operations Manager you will be the lead on all operational and administrative functions, working in close coordination with our Director of Programs, Director of Development, and our Executive Director (ED). You will be able and willing to provide support for any need in our small, nimble non-profit environment. You fearlessly and proactively tackle new challenges and responsibilities, crave working in a fast-paced, demanding, high-profile workplace, think creatively and analytically, and are flexible, highly organized, and seriously dedicated to stopping the climate crisis. You will provide significant administrative support to all staff members at Climate Action Campaign. The Operations Manager is someone to help lead, plan, and implement the following functions under the guidance and supervision of our Executive Director, Director of Development and Director of Programs.
- Financial Operations: Manage, develop and monitor annual budget, in coordination with bookkeeper, accountant, Executive Director, Director of Development, Director of Programs, and Board Treasurer. Also includes handling expense reimbursements, payroll, credit cards, and accounts payable.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with relevant lobbying laws, labor laws, tax codes, and grant reporting requirements; securing appropriate insurance; ensuring other corporate compliance.
- Data: Management and analysis of donor information, media, outreach impact, and more. Assist staff with entering contact information of allies into database.
- Office Management: Maintain office supplies inventory and procure items necessary to support staff. Additionally, maintain office equipment and coordinate general office repairs and maintenance.
- Executive Assistance:
- Coordinate and confirm meetings for ED and staff as requested.
- Schedule, meetings,and travel for ED and staff as requested.
- Run errands by ED and staff as requested.
- General Administrative Support:
- Assist staff with formatting documents/proposals, generating reports and developing materials for presentations and press events.
- Coordinate all aspects of select staff gatherings, coalition convenings, and board meetings.
- Manage organization’s human resources and overall insurance policies and coverage.
- Provide general support, as needed, for ED and staff.
- Support Roles:
- Events: Support Director of Development with planning and executing social, fundraising, and educational events for members, donors, and the public.
- Volunteer Management: Support staff coordinating CAC programs with securing volunteers for help with events, research, communications, and office work.
You are a good fit if:
- You have at least three years of work experience in nonprofit, HR or office management or operations.
- Your writing, editing and verbal communication skills are supreme.
- You are a self-motivated, independent leader who is a team player.
- You are an analyst who thinks creatively.
- You love tackling new challenges and solving problems you haven’t encountered before. If you don’t know the answer, you dig until you find it but you also know when to ask for help.
- You are extremely organized and a motivated worker capable of managing deadlines and fluctuating priorities for an array of projects in a fast paced environment, while maintaining extreme attention to detail.
- You can work flexible hours to respond to position needs.
- You’ve got an eye for design and visual details.
- You’re an online veteran with access to a smart phone and high speed internet, but you also love meeting new people in person and building relationships.
- You’re committed to the end result, and you love what you do and what we do.
- Experience with general office management software: Google Suite, Microsoft Office and CRM (we use Salesforce).
- Knowledge of office, administrative and management practices and procedures including record keeping, filing and purchasing best practices.
- Familiarity with meeting protocol and proper procedures to take and summarize meeting minutes. Basic research techniques, methods and procedures.
- Experience with the following software: Quickbooks, Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite, Piktochart, or other design software experience.
- Bookkeeping experience a plus.
- Foster a friendly, welcoming environment using effective customer service skills and etiquette.
- Organize work, set priorities and exercise sound judgment within areas of responsibility.
- Take direction and work within deadlines in support of ED and staff.
- Handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner.
Location: The CAC office is in University Heights in San Diego, but staff are often throughout the region, meeting with government officials, businesses, and community advocates, as well as working remotely at home to save time and commuting costs. Access to a car or other mode of reliable transportation is required. Must have access to a smart phone with reliable internet connection.
Benefits: Health and dental insurance and paid time off. The salary range for this full-time, exempt position is between $50,000 and $55,000 per year commensurate with work experience, skills and educational background.
How to apply: Send cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Operations Manager.
Deadline: We are looking to hire as soon as possible, but the position is open until we find the perfect fit.
Climate Action Campaign 4452 Park Blvd, Suite 209, San Diego, CA 92116 www.climateactioncampaign.org | email@example.com | 619-419-1222