Job Title: Early Learning Program Manager
Department: Early Learning Programs
Reports To: Associate Director of Early Literacy Program
FLSA Status: Exempt
Supervises Others: Yes
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Under general supervision of the Associate Director of Early Learning Program, the Early Learning Program Manager will fulfill a variety of assignments, which support the Early Learning Program in delivering services district wide. This full-time position is primarily responsible for the direct supervision of the Early Learning Program as well as active participation with Program events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plan, organize and implement the program for preschool-aged children in accordance with approved curriculum, applicable policies and philosophy of Think Together.
· Manage center base site staff. Interview, hire and evaluate the Master Teacher, Associate Teachers and Teachers Aide.
· Assist in setting programmatic goals aligned to the Early Learning Program and district strategic plan.
· Participate in the curriculum and lesson planning for the Early Learning Program.
· Ensure that frequent trainings are delivered throughout the year. (Training geared toward child development best practices, general content understanding and teaching strategies in delivering the Early Learning Program with the highest level of fidelity and quality.)
· Deliver at least four workshops and trainings for staff to share Think Together’s Early Learning Program best practices and teaching strategies.
· Supervise the delivery of a high quality parent component as defined within the goals set in the Early Learning Program strategic plan to include; weekly parent trainings, guest speakers, home resources and access to community resources offered.
· Manage Early Learning Program calendar and set session dates in accordance to school district calendar offered.
· Collaborate with school administrators, school staff, and parents on a regular basis and student needs. Regarding program activities and student needs.
· Oversee and coordinate center base site supply inventory and replenishment of supplies.
· Maintain comprehensive records and product reports.
· Work collaboratively with the data and evaluation department to insure information is reported accurately
· Work with Fund Development department to arrange site visit for volunteers, community leaders, school administrators and funders.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Other Functions and Responsibilities
· Ensure the safety plan at the site.
· Implement other human resource policies and procedures.
· Implement other plans or management requirements related to the site’s owner or manager.
· Supervise, train and develop subordinates in line with the objectives, policies and procedures of the organization. Complete supervisory responsibilities in a timely and thorough manner.
· Maintain highest degree of confidentiality in student, staff and management matters.
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree (BA) from a four-year college or university in Child Development/Early Childhood Education or related field required; additional course work or Master’s degree (MA) preferred.
· Child Development - Director Permit issued by the Department of Education preferred. (Think Together will help in attaining Director Permit for qualified candidates)
· At least 8 years classroom experience working with 0 – 5 years old preferred.
· At least 5 years in leadership or staff development position; leadership experience in early child development educational field desirable.
· Prior experience in preschool curriculum design required.
· Prior experience in conducting trainings and workshops required
· Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
· Must be willing to travel to off-site meetings and events.
· Must pass background check
· Must be Bi-literate in Spanish
Medical/ Dental/vision and 403b plan
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be Bi-literate in Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and quick introduction.