625 West 140th Street
Unit: Drop In Center/ Health and Transitional Services
Reports to: Director of Health and Transitional Services and Senior Program Analyst
Location: Harlem, NY
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Date Prepared: December 11, 2017
Under the supervision of the Director of Health and Transitional Services and the Senior Program Analyst, the Coordinator of Data Services will be responsible for all data implementation, data reporting and data management of the program and team. She/he will work directly with the Director and Senior Program Analyst to assess, provide system and program improvements/enhancements as well as the program evaluation and quality improvement efforts while maintaining the integrity and vision of the program and agency. She/he will be responsible for the accurate and timely submission of programmatic services reports to funders and internal agency reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the timely submission of all contract reports as specified by the funder;
- Implement and maintain data management systems within MS Excel and data collection applications and software;
- Supervise the data entry as well as the analyzing and verification of all program services;
- Train and guide new staff;
- Oversee the implementation of funder software and monitor the required updates;
- Work with Director and Senior Program Analyst to promote a genuine understanding of using data to manage the programs and insure internal/external performance targets are met and desired outcomes achieved and properly documented;
- Work with Director and Senior Program Analyst to address data issues and develop and manage a suitable corrective action plan as needed;
- Conduct routine data reviews of the program and make recommendations to the Director and Senior Program Analyst regarding system improvement based on review findings; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages the Data Assistant. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and engaging employees; addressing employee relations and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or in the absence of such a degree the equivalent combination of education and at least 1 year of experience in training and supervisory as well as data management; preferably in a non-profit/social service setting;
- At least 2 years of experience in a senior role with data management;
- Demonstrated capacity to work in fast paced environment to meet critical deadlines;
- Demonstrated track record of excellence and integrity working with data reporting and verification;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Takes initiative, is self-motivated, resourceful, detail oriented, dependable and has a strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and MS Office;
- Demonstrated proficiency working with data collection applications and software e.g. eSHARE, AIRS;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with exceptional people skills;
- Understanding of data management appropriate of both qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods;
- Experience working with communities/populations being served (formerly incarcerated, PLWHA, LGBT, former substance users, etc.); and
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is a plus.
Travel Requirements – Travel to our Long Island City office, Correctional Facilities and meetings and trainings is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Minimum Education Required