Details: Commensurate with experience
100 William Street
New York County Defender Services is seeking an attorney with significant expertise and experience representing juveniles to represent juveniles charged in New York State Supreme Court and in New York Family Court. The attorney will handle a caseload of justice system involved youth in both Manhattan Family Court and in Manhattan’s new Adolescent Offender Part. The attorney will also participate in professional training, innovative advocacy projects, and community and media outreach while strengthening the office’s relationships with program organizations that provide direct services for our juvenile clients.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Admission to the NYS Bar.
- Experience representing youth charged as juvenile delinquents or adults.
- Excellent written and oral advocacy skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team and manage a high volume of complex, serious cases.
- Expertise and familiarity with the Family Court Act, New York’s Juvenile Offender Act and Youthful Offender statutes, and a commitment to developing expertise regarding New York’s new Raise the Age Statute.
- Additional degree or coursework in social work or child development or psychology highly desirable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested email resume and cover letter to:
Sergio De La Pava
New York County Defender Services