1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM Charter School, a rigorous, Pre-K-10th Grade public charter school in East Harlem, is seeking a dynamic and driven individual to serve as the Director of Data, Assessment, and Evaluation for Pre-K-10th public charter schools and out of school time programs. Reporting to the Managing Director of Strategy, Performance, and Impact, the Director of Data, Assessment, and Evaluation is responsible for overseeing all data collection, management, reporting, and analysis.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented team player who is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done through proactive problem-solving and the ability to adapt to changing and challenging circumstances by staying positive and solutions-oriented. They demonstrate eagerness for continuous personal development, a deep curiosity, and a history of implementing feedback to improve performance. They possess outstanding project management skills with an ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. This person has strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build trusting and collaborative relationships with staff at all levels to support effective data collection, management, and use. They exhibit an internal customer service orientation that is grounded in deep respect for teachers and youth workers and the belief that by providing reliable, high-quality support to fellow staff members we empower them to serve our youth and achieve our mission.
DREAM Charter School's mission is to prepare students for high-performing high schools, colleges and beyond through a rigorous academic program that develops critical thinkers who demonstrate a love of learning, strong character, and a commitment to wellness and active citizenship. Join a team that is making a difference in East Harlem and is committed to the mission of helping students recognize their potential and realize their dreams.
DREAM Charter School is a part of DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI). Like all DREAM employees, the Director of Data, Assessment, and Evaluation should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also understand and value DREAM’s comprehensive approach to school, youth development and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities, while contributing to the expansion of a dynamic organization
Roles and Responsibilities:
Data Reporting & Analysis:
● Lead the design, development, and management of report and dashboard solutions to ensure that DREAM staff at all levels of the organization have the information they need to make effective decisions;
● Provide additional data reporting and analysis as needed for external accountability, compliance, or development tasks;
● Develop the data and evaluation support needed for strategic initiatives including high school expansion, social emotional learning, and DREAM’s Teacher Career Pathway, a ground-breaking approach to identifying and developing great teachers;
● Oversee and support the entire test administration process for all DREAM assessments to ensure that testing procedures are routine and include smooth, efficient distribution and collection of materials;
● Oversee and support the administration of internal and external student, staff, and family surveys;
● Manage DREAM’s student information system and other databases by implementing clear protocols to ensure data quality;
● Oversee staff execution of data entry to ensure we accurately track information that reflects school and program operations, key performance metrics, and outcome data;
● Optimize database systems and serve as point of contact with 3rd-party database vendors regarding development and technical support;
● Lead the data team through weekly coaching, professional development, and process creation and oversight;
● Work with the Managing Director to create and continuously improve a comprehensive strategy for collecting, managing, and using data;
● Develop, maintain, and disseminate role-specific training for all staff members on utilizing data systems, tools, and reports;
● Bachelor’s Degree required; relevant Master’s degree preferred;
● At least five years of relevant professional work experience with at least 2 years of demonstrated success managing a small team or multiple large projects;
● Expert fluency with Microsoft Excel required;
● Experience with statistical software, data visualization, and/or programming languages (e.g., SQL, R, Python) preferred;
● Experience managing data systems and processes and analyzing data with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail required;
● Strong quantitative and technology skills with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies and database systems;
Full-time with some evenings required and occasional weekend hours.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403B retirement account, life insurance, and twenty days paid vacation per year.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.wearedream.org/careers/position/director-of-data-assessment-and-evaluation-east-harlem-new-york-ny-usa