The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agency’s day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a qualified consultant for Cloud Disease Surveillance System Administrator role. The Cloud Disease Surveillance System Administrator will be responsible for working with Solution Directors, Project Managers and application development staff in planning, installing and supporting the internal and cloud-based network infrastructure required to support agency system initiatives environment.
· Provide Windows server support for both physical and virtual windows servers at various locations; Configure and administer Windows servers from version 2003 to 2019.
· Assist in the ongoing deployment of server hardware, software, and application; provide technical support, troubleshooting, diagnosis and problem resolution and maintenance.
· Analyze, support, and administer existing Windows based systems and provide troubleshooting strategies.
· Install and support applications in Azure
· Ensure Azure configurations are secured
· Manage the Active Directory (AD) and Azure AD infrastructure and collaborate with various teams to ensure it integrates seamlessly with all components including network, security, messaging, and remote access.
· Create and manage group memberships and / or group policy objects within Active Directory.
· Diagnoses and resolves end-user issues regarding server, file sharing/permissions, printers, hardware, email, Internet, VPN, network access and being consultant for computer and network problems beyond the knowledge of technical support staffs/technicians.
· Maintain ACL’s and ACE’s
· Assist with the Backup and Restoration of files and/or servers.
· Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
· Maintain Physical and Virtual server inventory.
· Extensive Knowledge and Experience with Virtual Environments Specifically, VMWare and Citrix
· VMWare Certified Professional VCP 6.0 or above.
· Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience administering enterprise level Active Directory Multi-Domain environment Windows Server 2003 through 2019
· Experience with creating and troubleshooting Group Policies in said environment
· Knowledge of Microsoft Azure environment
· Experience with Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS) and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
· MCSE or MCSA (2012 or 2016) required.
· Experience with PowerShell is a plus
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…