1030 15th Street NW, Suite 1100W
Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold, creative, always open to new ideas and 100% dedicated to our mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider becoming part of our team.
The Senior Content Strategist will lead storytelling efforts for the No Kid Hungry campaign, illustrating the impact our work has on the lives of children to our broad audience of donors, supporters, and funders. This position is part of our communications department, working within our in-house creative team and collaborating closely with members of our digital and public relations teams. The Senior Content Strategist will report to the Associate Creative Director but will need to work independently and take a great deal of ownership and initiative over their areas of responsibility.
- Lead storytelling efforts for the No Kid Hungry campaign.
- Work with team leaders across the organization to identify content needs, including stories for brand campaigns, corporate partnerships, fundraising events and all digital channels.
- Collaborate with our fundraising teams to create strategies and produce assets that help meet their objectives, from corporate partnerships to major gifts to individual donors.
- Serve as a key point of contact for outside vendors and agencies on content, messaging and brand guidelines.
- Work with our program and grants teams to identify stories that meet fundraising and communications needs.
- Identify and produce original stories that attract attention from media and online audiences, driving awareness of childhood hunger and No Kid Hungry’s work.
- Create written materials for multiple channels: website, blog, newsletters, email, etc.
- Along with our multimedia producer, work with No Kid Hungry partner organizations (state agencies, schools, regional food banks, etc.) to arrange field visits, interviews and video/photo shoots, and serve as producer for these trips.
- Hire and manage freelance videographers, photographers, and editors that can produce high-quality videos, images and other assets, in collaboration with our multimedia producer.
- Manage story assets (videos, photos, quotes, etc.) and ensure that stakeholder across the organization are able to easily access and find relevant material.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 8-10 years of experience producing interesting, original, high-quality content that tells the story of a nonprofit (or for-profit) brand.
- Demonstrated skill at writing and editing for a general audience (blog posts, website copy, social media content, etc).
- Demonstrated successful experience documenting and telling real-world stories through interviews, video, photography, writing, graphics, etc.
- Must be comfortable traveling to different parts of the country, spending time with people from a range of backgrounds, treating them and their stories with respect and dignity.
- Poise and professionalism in working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate a creative vision, push for better and bolder ways of thinking and elevate the tone and quality of content – all in service to fundraising and communications strategies.
- Video editing experience (any platform) is helpful but not required, though the ability to help shape stories in all media, including video, is essential.
- Graphic design experience helpful but not required.
- Journalism background welcome and helpful (though this is not a reporting job).
- Ability to organize own work and perform independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members.
- Very strong interpersonal, intercultural, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent information management and organizational skills, with great attention to detail.
- Demonstrated high level of reliability and follow-through.
- When applying, please include 3-5 samples of content (an array of products is helpful) you produced, preferably in a professional capacity. Examples include blog posts, videos, infographics, websites, op-eds, or photo essays. Content created in collaboration with others is fine; please indicate your specific contribution. Above all, we want to see your ability to communicate ideas powerfully and clearly to an audience.
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. No Calls Please.
Minimum Education Required