Details: The position is full-time. Salary commensurate with experience
977 Fox Street
Classical Charter Schools is a network of four charter schools located in the South Bronx. Despite being located in America’s poorest Congressional District, our students—selected by random lottery—outperform 92% of their peers in New York State. In 2014, Classical won the National Blue Ribbon Award, ranking in the top 300 public or private schools in the nation, out of over 133,000.
Classical is working to ensure that by 2027 every child in the South Bronx will have the opportunity to walk to a school that sustainably delivers “no-gap” academic results, preparation for college-preparatory high schools, liberated scholars and citizens of impeccable character.
What do we mean by “sustainably delivers”?
- Financial – spend less than public per pupil, not incur debt, no operations funds towards real estate
- Cultural – Low staff and scholar attrition, high lottery yields
- Environmental – Renewable energy, offsets, reduced or composted cafeteria waste
- “No-gap” academic results – pass rates matching high-performing NY districts, attending high schools matching high-performing NY districts
- Preparation for college-preparatory high schools
- Liberated scholars and citizens of impeccable character
The Special Projects Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and take responsibility for organizing, developing and implementing the Executive Director’s strategic initiatives based on Classical Charter Schools’ 2027 Vision. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as a strategic thought partner to the Executive Director to support with: vision setting and decision-making processes, prioritizing initiatives over the 2027 time horizon, and defining strategic goals and initiatives that align with overall vision
- Understand how all strategic initiatives and projects align with overall global strategy
- Review all aspects of the network through the lens of the global strategy
- Assist Directors in writing and editing global and department strategy documents
Management and Development of Organizational Systems
- Act as a thought-partner to Executive Director to refine Classical’s operating model, and build, organize and manage a repository of organizational models, structures and concepts
- Manage and organize a portfolio of all business architecture information repositories including databases of all business architecture information
- Work with Data Manager to visualize complex organizational data using Microsoft Visio in clear structures
Workflow Management and Optimization
- Manage and organize a portfolio of all business systems, processes and procedures
- Revise processes when necessary to support strategic goals
- Identify, propose, and execute opportunities to streamline and automate workflows that support strategic goals
- Act as a strategic thought partner to Executive Director and IT Consultant on designing and implementing solutions for seamless information flow throughout the organization
- Work with the Executive Director to develop a detailed strategic plan including initiatives, projects and tasks
- Define scope, schedule, and stakeholder communication plans for all global initiatives
- Collate all initiatives, projects, and tasks into a single Strategic Portfolio Management system
- Facilitate the planning of all strategic projects by working with stakeholders to define scope, plan project resources, and schedule tasks.
- Monitor the execution of all projects by routinely monitoring progress and quality, managing issues and risk, and reporting and documenting project outcomes and key performance indicators
- Monitor systems to ensure cross-team alignment on cross-departmental initiatives
- Act as the point person for all calendar requests
- Lead initiatives or projects and execute project tasks as assigned by Executive Director
- Present strategic initiatives progress, challenges, and results to board and Executive Director
- Minimum B.A. and 3-5 years of relevant work experience and/or post-graduate experience
- Experience with process improvement and organizational change management
- Demonstrated embodiment of Classical’s core values of Innovation, Professionalism, and Rigor
- Experience managing systems and strategic projects in a collaborative environment
- Ability to focus on detail and synthesize into a bigger picture
- Consistent demonstration of professional excellence
- Knowledge of Sharepoint, Visio, Office 365 (including Project)
Full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume along with a cover letter outlining your interest and relevant experience in PDF format to Lester Long, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.