1049 Asylum Ave
Job Title: Education Consultant
Position Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The World Affairs Council of Connecticut is seeking an enthusiastic Education Consultant to manage its education programs. This position involves managing a large and growing Model United Nations program and integrating education programs into the council’s public programming. Must have a passion for global issues.
Primary Responsibility: Manage the Model United Nations Program.
- Coordinate with MUN faculty advisor to ensure global education integrity of the program
- Develop and implement strategies to improve the quality of delegate participation
- Work with teacher advisors to implement the program in their schools
- Oversee MUN officer selection and training
- Create and maintain registration
- Coordinate with team at University of Hartford
- Arrange mission briefings in NYC
- Update MUN Curriculum Guide
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Oversee budget
- Recruit new schools
- Develop MUN booklet
- Act as an ambassador for the CTWAC and its programs, promoting the Council as a leader in the field of global education
- Work collaboratively with staff, CTWAC CEO and other World Affairs Councils in the network to develop education policies and procedures for the Council.
- Supervise and manage education interns
- Develop professional in service opportunities in global education
- Identify and develop beneficial programmatic partnerships with other individuals, organizations, and institutions that will strengthen Council’s ability to fulfill its mission to champion global education: (CAPSS, CCSS, SDE, CABE, etc..)
- Manage awards selection: Engagement Award, Student Leadership Award
- Oversee CTWAC scholarship program
- Develop and institutionalize the PreTalk program
- Track record of leadership in global education: grades 9-12.
- Classroom experience preferred
- Must have a passion for global issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Proven track record of successful program management
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 29.