Details: Commensurate with experience.
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Chapter Campaigns Coordinator to work with our Engagement team. This position will play an integral role in a fast-paced organization that combines strategic campaigns and cutting-edge communications to win concrete victories on the path to solving the climate crisis.
General Overview: The Chapter Campaigns Coordinator is responsible for supporting chapters across the U.S., working with Chapter Chairs and Leadership Committee members to provide resources, trainings, and dedicated campaign support. This position will work closely with those chapters running or interested in running 100% Committed campaigns, building tools for them to use and amplify amongst their chapter membership, helping to train organizers, and generally acting as a personal point of contact for our most engaged volunteers in this campaign. This position will also support chapters as they implement other campaigns and take climate action. As a representative of the Engagement team, this position also assists in efforts to meet strategic program and organizational goals through outreach and partnership-building with new constituencies.
Climate Reality has offices in Washington, D.C. and Boulder, Colorado. The location of this position is in the Boulder office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with the Chapters team to recruit, onboard, and support new Climate Reality chapters.
- Providing on-going support, follow up, and leadership development to chapters.
- Conducting monthly one-on-one calls with chapter chairs to build lasting relationships with them as their point person on staff for 100% Committed.
- Training Climate Reality chapters on campaigns and organizing skills through developing Chapter Training Series curriculum content and acting as a skill trainer for webinars and in-person training events.
- Supporting chapters as they run the 100% Committed campaign, including but not limited to: conducting monthly one-on-one calls; facilitating monthly campaign working group calls; drafting resources, scripts, and campaign materials; creating and implementing chapter-specific campaign plans for 100% Committed.
- Creating and maintaining coalition relationships with national and regional organizations to support diverse and meaningful campaigns and commitments.
- Facilitating occasional in-person events and trainings to support chapters running 100% Committed and other priority campaigns.
- Tracking the progress of 100% Committed campaigns and chapter development in coordination with the Chapters Team.
- Coordinating with Climate Reality’s Campus Corps Organizer to implement 100% Committed Campaigns on campuses.
- Coordinating with other campaign coordinators and staff to maintain and strengthen key state partnerships and organizational priorities.
- Adhering and contributing to strong data management practices and program metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in organizing, advocacy and campaign management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Organizing experience required.
- Experience implementing campaign plans.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Understanding of federal and state-level environmental policy.
- Ability to track and analyze metrics and data.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, particularly advocacy writing and listening.
- Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task.
- A dedication to solving the climate crisis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Mac preferred.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, transit subsidy, mobile phone reimbursement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com