337 Alexander Avenue
$70,000 - $80,000
Associate Executive Director
April 10, 2018
East Side House (ESH) is a community-based organization in the South Bronx. ESH collaborates with schools, community centers, and other partners to provide quality education and resources to residents of the South Bronx and surrounding communities.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Executive Director, the IT Manager is responsible for the management of IT operations and coordination of IT services and initiatives to drive operations, and enhance East Side House Settlement’s IT infrastructure. The IT Manager will collaborate with an IT Consultant, and ESH leadership to plan and execute actions to enhance IT operations, meet customers’ needs as well as support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical and software solutions.
The IT Manager is responsible for managing the organization’s information technology resources and leading the IT staff responsible for operating and supporting the IT systems. By partnering with leaders and vendors, the IT Manager will maintain and develop effective, efficient and secure technology systems.
Duties, Deliverables & Desired Outcomes
· Lead Operational functions of Information Technology Systems including Staff, Applications, Network and Server Infrastructure, Desktops, IT Security, and Service Desk
· Collaborate with leadership and IT Consultant, etc., to develop, plan and implement technology resources, data security and control protocols, disaster recovery, etc.
· Maintain databases, system security functions, IT infrastructure schematics, designs and updates systems/network documentation, and SOPs according to applicable policies and standards
· Identify opportunities to apply technologies to business processes while demonstrating an understanding of business challenges, as well as IT strategies, issues, and priorities
· Manage third party providers – application, hardware and cloud
· Control operational budget and expenditures; Evaluates and procures new technology and computer supplies, auxiliary equipment, etc.
· Evaluate technology proposals and agreements and provides recommendations to management
· Update leaders and/or IT Consultant/Project Lead on IT related projects, deliverables, and strategic goals
· Consult with users, leadership, vendors, technicians, etc., to assess technology needs, system/network requirements, and available resources to recommend viable and cost effective options
· Lead and develop IT team to ensure knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) are current and relevant, and staff are crossed trained to foster and promote career progression and ensure continuous IT services/operations
· Develop content management protocols to enable efficient organization and management of documents, records, web content, digital media, etc. shared internally and externally for workforce productivity, and user friendly accessibility and utilization
· Review IT service requests, efficiently determine and allocate appropriate resources, evaluate work/services provided, ensure timely close-out of service request and customer satisfaction
· Manage ESH’s legacy systems and/or databases to coordinate and/or execute updates/coding modifications to ensure continuous accessibility to data, customized and relevant reporting
· Other duties may be assigned as needs dictate
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requisite Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field with 4 years IT experience
· Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 6 years of experience in the field
· Computer Networking Certification (CAN) and/or other relevant Networking Certifications
· Minimum 4 years of strong hands-on Networking, Hardware and Software experience in a fast paced, service oriented environment.
· Working knowledge of Windows Servers, Exchange, Skype for Business, Hyper-V, Backup and Disaster Recovery, Firewalls, and Managed switches.
· Knowledge of web site management, database management and reporting preferred
Eligibility Qualifications/Security Clearances
· Department of Health Fingerprint Clearance
· Department of Education Fingerprint Clearance
· Department of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance
· State Central Registry (SCR) Clearance
· Staff Exclusion List (SEL) Clearance
· Health Statement
2. Management skills
3. Organizational skills
4. Decision Making/Problem Solving
6. Communication Proficiency
7. Relationship building
8. Flexible and Adaptable
9. Technical Capacity
Position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of all employees within the department.
Business. This job operates in an administrative building, and occasionally in schools This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Travel is required. Travel is primarily local, although some out-of-area, after hours and overnight travel may be expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, walk, stand, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms, etc. This position requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Work days/hours subject to change based on ESH’s needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
ESH encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
East Side House offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email only:
Human Resources Department
East Side House Settlement
337 Alexander Avenue, Bronx, NY 10454
Please indicate position title on subject line
Visit our website: www.eastsidehouse.org
Absolutely No Phone Calls!