Summit Public Schools is seeking an experienced school leader to join us as an Executive Director at Summit Everest in Redwood City. Interested in learning more? Read on!
The Executive Director (i.e. High School Principal) is in charge of ensuring that the mission and vision of the school are implemented effectively, ensuring that academic programs accelerate positive outcomes for all students.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of running a school. This includes providing instructional leadership to faculty, managing the on-site operations and administrative duties, supporting student enrollment, and cultivating a strong school culture. The Executive Director will also foster relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to meet budgetary, academic, and talent goals.
The ideal candidate is an experienced school leader and educator with an expertise in running successful school environments, coaching teams of faculty and staff, and meeting student outcomes. Familiarity with Summit Learning or personalized learning is strongly preferred.
Who We Are:
What if all students graduated high school with not only content knowledge, but the habits and skills to successfully navigate college and career, with a sense of purpose to anchor them? This is the question at the core of Summit Public Schools. Summit is a public school system serving heterogeneous communities in the Bay Area and Washington State and operate 11 schools serving over 3,600 students.
We share our personalized approach to teaching and learning for free through Summit Learning, with more than 330 partner schools across the country. Summit Learning forms the foundation on which Summit’s successful schools were built, with our schools consistently ranking among the best in the nation.
Are you looking for the opportunity to lead change? Do you want to help reimagine what schools should be? We put students in the driver’s seat and empower them with the skills and habits they need to be successful in college and life. We need diverse, driven, and dynamic talent to join our growing team to help realize our educational vision.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Commitment to uphold Summit’s values, belief that all children deserve a rigorous and equitable education that prepares them for college and for life.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Education, Educational Leadership, or similar program is required.
- Prior experience in school leadership is required.
- A Teaching Credential in California or another US state is required, as is prior teaching experience.
- An Administrative Credential in California or another US State is required.
- Proficiency in Google Platforms, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides.
- Clear health and background check.
Minimum Education Required