800 South Street
One Family seeks a Systems Change Manager to launch a statewide engagement plan in response to policies and practices affecting homeless and formerly homeless families in Massachusetts. Main responsibilities will include researching state and national policy trends, identifying and collaborating with statewide partners on policy initiatives and events, and engaging program participants and alumni with One Family’s systems change priorities. The Systems Change Manager is a key member of the leadership team and works closely with the Executive Director on all advocacy-related priorities, opportunities, and challenges.
- Track and research local and national programs and policies affecting homeless families and children;
- Research key political organizations and the Commonwealth’s political landscape to provide insight and recommendations to Executive Director on how One Family can engage with nonprofit, government and corporate partners;
- Work with Executive Director to prepare an advocacy agenda, launch these efforts to influence policies at the statewide level, working independently and in collaboration with community partners;
- Educate One Family partners, stakeholders and the general public on systemic barriers and the solutions to breaking the cycle of family homelessness;
- Collaborate with One Family staff to engage program participants and alumni in our policy agenda, ensuring their voices are central to our work and actions;
- Attend appropriate meetings, coalitions and forums representing One Family;
- Create compelling content and collateral for use in One Family’s advocacy outreach and communications;
- Coordinate all policy related events, meetings and conferences for One Family; and
- Collaborate across the organization on communications and events related to One Family’s systems change priorities.
- Shared dedication to One Family’s mission and vision;
- Five or more years of relevant experience preferably with a related mission-driven organization, political campaign, or government office;
- Comprehensive understanding of Massachusetts’ state budget cycle, bill process and legislative hearings. Understanding of national legislative cycle also a plus;
- Familiarity with Massachusetts policies on family homelessness and affordable housing preferred;
- Track record of strategic policy planning, organizing and research skills;
- Experience and proven ability to understand statewide and national legislation and share those concepts in a clear and impactful way both written and orally. Ability to speak publicly at all policy related events and meetings;
- Ability to work independently and be flexible, setting priorities amidst multiple, and sometimes competing, demands;
- Detail orientation with a high standard for work quality;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Google Drive Suite, and Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); and
- Valid driver’s license required (for occasional statewide travel).
Comprehensive benefits package, including: 15 days PTO, plus 13 holidays; Health insurance (medical and dental); 403(b) retirement plan; Tuition reimbursement; MBTA corporate pass program (50% reimbursement for Zone 2 Commuter Rail pass); Flexible spending accounts; Parental leave; Short- and long-term disability and basic life insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, to email@example.com and include “Systems Change Manager” in the subject line.
One Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants with diverse background and experiences to apply.