Who We Are
Progress Virginia Education Fund and our sister organization, Progress Virginia, are seeking a coalition program manager to join our team. Progress Virginia is a multi-issue progressive advocacy organization that combines cutting edge online organizing and communications with rapid and hard-hitting earned media strategies. We provide a strong, credible voice for advancing progressive values and solutions to critical community problems. But we don’t do that on our own—we work as a communications team for the entire progressive community.
The Coalition Program Manager’s core responsibility will be to manage and staff the Virginia Women’s Equality Coalition, a dynamic group of advocacy organizations working to secure full and lasting equality for women in Virginia by advancing access to health care, including reproductive care, expanding economic security, and fostering civic participation.
The Program Manager will also manage Progress Virginia Education Fund’s training program, serving as the point person for organizing communications training for progressive allies.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the strategic growth of the coalition through goal-setting, planning, and coordination
- Build and oversee the implementation and evaluation of our network’s coordinated plan: directing and deploying grassroots tactics; coordinating, managing and executing events; tracking and analyzing results
- Manage training events for Progress Virginia Education Fund, Progress Virginia and key allies
Who You Are
To be successful in this job, you will excel in five areas:
- Strong advocacy communication skills: Your verbal and written communications will win over potential allies and mobilize our target audiences to action.
- Organizing skills: You are excited about and experienced in volunteer recruitment, event coordination, and gaining visibility for progressive causes.
- Project management skills: You thrive when you have multiple projects to stay on top of and don’t drop balls.
- Relationship-builder: You establish alliances and work well with people. Our coalition is committed to representing women across lines of race, socio-economic status, and ability. Your ability to work well with these populations is important to us.
- Flexible and quick on your feet: You can pivot quickly as outside dynamics change, operate on short deadlines, and enjoy an environment filled with unexpected opportunities.
What Else You Should Know
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.
Progress Virginia operates a virtual office. Candidates should expect to work from home (in Virginia), and occasionally travel for events and meetings. The position is full-time and reports to the Program Director.
The range for this position is between $45,000 and $50,000 depending on experience.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so apply today!
To apply, please complete the application here.
This is a work from home (in Virginia) position. Occasional travel is required for events and meetings.
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidates must excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Minimum Education Required