About South Lane Mental Health:
Located in Cottage Grove, Oregon, South Lane Mental Health is guided by the principle that no one seeking assistance will be turned away, and an enduring commitment to provide individualized mental health services with compassion and respect. A growing agency, South Lane Mental Health’s staff of almost 100 provide a variety of therapeutic services to over 2,200 individuals in Cottage Grove and the surrounding community. Our employees have a wide range of backgrounds, educational attainment and skill sets. We strive to create an agency community characterized by empowerment, compassion and innovation.
About the Position:
South Lane Mental Health is seeking a Youth Therapist to join our outpatient services team. As full time Qualified Mental Health Professionals, Youth Therapists provide play, art, and/or talk therapy to children and adolescents struggling with mental health problems, sexuality concerns, schoolwork and self-discipline, time management issues and family crises such as divorce or death, adjustment and learning disorders and other challenges that can affect functioning and well-being.
- Work as a therapist helping individuals 0-18 and their families with emotional problems and/or psychiatric disabilities identify symptoms, goals, and methods for achieving desired outcomes.
- Build helping relationships with clients, help clients identify personal strengths, resources needed to acquire skills and supports, and assist clients in developing and implementing individualized plans.
- Understand that many clients have been traumatized and strive to constantly provide services from a respectful, trauma-informed perspective.
- Conduct mental health assessments, develop individualized support plans, and document services appropriately.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Participate in Quality Assurance completeness and quality reviews as required.
- Participate as a member of a treatment team.
- Attend supervisory and training meetings and sessions as required.
- Provide crisis services as required.
- Meet any job requirements regarding productivity and dependability.
- Perform duties in a respectful and responsible manner, both with clients and co-workers.
- Meet ethical standards.
- Positively represent South Lane Mental Health in the community and with other service providers.
- As required act as a liaison with other organizations.
- Graduate degree in psychology, social work, or a similar field.
- Verification of past employment and education, background check
- Ability to conduct mental health assessments according to standards set in Oregon Administrative Rules including identifying precipitating events, gathering histories of mental and physical health, alcohol and drug use, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts, assessing family, cultural, social and work relationships, and conducting a mental status examination,
- Complete a DSM 5 diagnosis
- Write and supervise the implementation of an integrated service plan
- Provide individual, family, or group therapy within the scope of the counselor's training.
- Must have experience with interagency integration.
Benefits of Working for South Lane Mental Health:
- Exceptional culture where employees are supported, trusted and treated as adults.
- 100% employer payment of health insurance premium for the employee.
- Dental, vision, and prescription drug insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Opportunity to contribute to a 403(b) retirement account
- Opportunities for training and reimbursement for licensure and certification costs
- Administrative and clinical supervision, including that for licensure candidates
Please complete the application here: https://www.slmh.org/careers/?gnk=apply&gni=8a7885ac75953d20017599cb8e6b14d1&gns=Idealist
Cover letter and resume required.
No phone calls, please.