1023 31st St NW
District of Columbia
The Deputy Program Director is responsible for assisting the Director of Programs and Data in the hiring of Site Coordinators. The Deputy will assist the organization in building a citywide system of community support for DCPS students. The Deputy is responsible for the orientation/training and supervising of Site Coordinators. The Deputy Program Director assists the Director of Programs and Data in ensuring fidelity to the CIS model, creating and managing school-based programs and interacting with local school leadership. The Deputy Program Director will also assist with the management of the data system CISDM. This full-time position reports to the Director of Programs and Data. The job entails working traveling to schools and working in the central office.
Serve as a proxy for the Director of Programs and Data at strategic planning sessions throughout the city and with funders and government officials, where appropriate.
Assist the Director of Programs and Data with building, leading and supervising the site coordinator team. The Deputy will lead the hiring process by reviewing all submitted resumes and conducting first round interviews. The Deputy will train and orient all new staff to include working with the Site Coordinators on CISDM, needs assessments, school support plans, case management files, student support plans and the Total Quality Standards. The Deputy Program Director will serve as a substitute Site Coordinator at schools on an as needed basis. The Deputy will also lead or serve as a proxy for the Director of Programs and Data at monthly Principal meetings, where appropriate. The Deputy Director will oversee the day-to-day Site Coordinator management needs and requests.
Assist with the development, implementation and management of community partners, local and corporate volunteers.
Monitor staff utilization of CISDM 2.0. Meet will the Director of Programs and Data weekly to discuss data challenges and/or necessary trainings. Assist the Director of Programs and Data in the development of quarterly school data reports, funder reports and end-of-year data reports.
Staff Professional Development
Plan one of the two monthly staff meetings, research low-cost or free professional development opportunities for the Site Coordinator staff. Assist the Director of Programs and Data with the development of a staff handbook. Assist the Director of Programs and Data with the performance evaluations for the Site Coordinators.
Benefits include DC Government holidays, 10 days accrued vacation a year, 10 days accrued sick leave a year, access to Simple IRA with employer contribution, eligibility for health, dental and vision insurance (costs shared by employer and employee).
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in education, social work, school counseling, public health or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with case management
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers and the public
- Knowledge of child-serving systems (child welfare, mental health, criminal justice, parks and recreation)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Experience developing and evaluating programs
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with, or for, DCPS is preferred
- Experience with data management systems and data tracking
- Excellent computer skills
- Passion for working with students and schools
Minimum Education Required