600 West Fullerton Parkway
Summary: Lincoln Park Community Services (LPCS) brings communities together to empower individuals facing homelessness and poverty to secure stable housing and make sustainable life changes.
LPCS is a small non-profit seeking a Director of Development who can take strategic responsibility for the development and implementation of fundraising, communications, and marketing plans in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The Director of Development will oversee the financial support required for general operations and the capital expansion including: individual giving, grants, corporate and foundation investors, fundraising events, direct mail, e-philanthropy, and donor stewardship. The Director of Development is expected to meet and grow LPCS’s current contributed revenue, along with completing the capital campaign fundraising that was started in 2017. This position will be directly responsible for cultivating and stewarding relationships with current and potential donors/investors.
The Director of Development will report to the Executive Director and work collaboratively with the LPCS Leadership Team which includes the Executive Director, Director of Community Engagement, Director of Finance, and Director of Programs.
The Development Team is made up of representatives from the staff, interns, and dedicated volunteers. The team includes: Director of Development, Associate Director of Foundations, Event Coordinator Intern, Board of Directors, Resource Development Committee, and Associate Board.
Hours: Full time, Monday through Friday. Evenings and weekends as needed for special meetings, projects, and events.
Individual Donors Program (35%)
- Lead in the development of a major donors program that focuses on connection, stewardship, and cultivation with an emphasis on the Leadership Team and Board of Directors building and improving relationships with current and prospective LPCS donors. Activities might include executing creative ways to show gratitude and recognition, making phone calls and sending emails to share program successes, etc.
- Create strategies for the Individual Donors Program working collaboratively with Resource Development Committee and other key staff to increase revenue and stakeholder involvement.
- Plan and execute the Annual Appeal mailing including generating compelling content and managing all appeal logistics including printing, special cultivation and stewardship efforts, and distribution to donors.
- Manage Annual Report project working collaboratively with other staff members to generate content. Collaborate with designers to create document and work with Marketing Committee for editing and final content review.
- Oversee coding of all incoming contributions and enter gifts into Raiser’s Edge database. Maintain up-to-date donor records.
- Work with Executive Director and Board to provide stewardship to high level donors through strategic recognition efforts.
Capital Campaign (25%)
- Lead the efforts to finalize fundraising for the capital campaign. The campaign is at 88% of goal.
- Manage the campaign database tracking, pledge records, and cash projections sheets. Provide reports to Executive Director, Capital Campaign Chair, and Board of Directors as needed.
- Develop and manage donor communication pieces including compilation of gift request presentations, pledge acknowledgment letters, pledge reminders, stewardship pieces, and other prospect and donor pieces including periodic campaign updates. Work collaboratively with marketing firm to create and update printed and digital campaign materials. Manage printing contracts.
- Process pledge payments weekly as needed.
- Plan and execute campaign related special events including small receptions, ribbon cutting ceremony, as well as other events as needed.
Grants Program (20%)
- Provide leadership and oversight of grants program working collaboratively with the Associate Director of Foundations to further grow grant support.
- Provide direct supervision of Associate Director for Foundations. Facilitate weekly supervision meetings to review deadlines and grant applications materials.
- Manage reporting and final quality review of applications to ensure applications are high-quality and ready for submission.
- Work collaboratively with Associate Director for Foundations to research and execute general operating, programs focused, and capital expansion focused grant proposals.
Special Events (15%)
- Serve as the primary lead in the planning and execution of two annual large-scale events (Taste of Fall and Metamorphosis) including managing vendors, budgets, payments, contracts, ticket sales, marketing and promotion, gift processing, and all day-of event implementation and execution.
- Support Director of Community Engagement with small-scale events including Associate Board fundraisers and volunteer appreciation events.
Miscellaneous Administrative Responsibilities (5%)
- Staff LPCS Committees as needed including Marketing, Capital Campaign, and Events.
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team and Committees to generate content and strategy for LPCS social media platforms and website: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Cultivate relationships with media representatives to increase exposure for LPCS.
- Work with Executive Director to manage administration and development budgets.
- Work with Director of Finance to reconcile monthly statements between Raisers Edge and QuickBooks.
- Attend and participate in board meetings, retreats, and strategic planning sessions when appropriate.
- Prepare monthly reports.
TO APPLY: EMAIL RESUME, COVER LETTER, AND 3 REFERENCES TO email@example.com.
Lincoln Park Community Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Nonprofit Management, or something similar. Masters degree preferred. Excellent people skills, written and verbal communication skills, and strong organizational skills required. Ability to take initiative and work efficiently and independently a must. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in nonprofit management, volunteer coordination, recruiting, grant writing, event planning, marketing and/or public relations preferred. Computer proficiency, including MS Word, Access, and Outlook. Raiser’s Edge experience a plus. Minimum of two years of supervisory and team management experience preferred.
Generous benefits package offered
Level of Language Proficiency
Native English proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!