Details: Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Kaufman Music Center
129 W. 67th Street
Kaufman Music Center (KMC) is one of New York City's most vibrant cultural organizations, combining the finest in music education for all ages with world-class performances in Merkin Hall. Founded in 1952 as a community school for pre-conservatory music training, today's Kaufman Music Center provides entertainment, education and inspiration for more than 75,000 New Yorkers every year. Kaufman Music Center is made up of four unique divisions: Merkin Hall is renowned for its innovative and diverse programming spanning classical, new music, jazz, popular music and Broadway as well as for its perfect acoustics; Lucy Moses School, New York’s largest community arts school, offers classes in music, dance and theater for all ages, backgrounds and skill levels; Special Music School is a K-12 public school that teaches music as a core subject and is a leading music education innovator; Face the Music is the country's first youth ensemble dedicated to studying and performing music by living composers.
This position reports to KMC’s Director of Marketing and Communications and works closely with the Marketing and Communications team as well as external web developers, printers, and advertising outlets.
The Visual Designer is expected to bring to life the enlightening performances, rich community, and excellence in education through KMC’s visual marketing collateral (including brochures, posters, flyers, videos, and digital/print ads), maintain and update the visuals and messages on KMC’s website, and contribute to planning and execution of advertising campaigns.
The position requires strong graphic design and video editing skills.
- Design engaging, forward thinking visual marketing collateral to support KMC’s direct response strategies for all KMC divisions
- Design and send marketing related emails
- Create and edit video content for social media and website
- Develop and manage content on KMC’s website, including CMS development in cooperation with Communications Director and web developers
- Photography experience, DSLR knowledge preferred but not necessary
- Act as point person for all website issues; troubleshoot website problems; ensure smooth functioning of online ticketing interface
- Train staff on website issues
- Develop print and digital advertising campaigns
- Build and maintain relationships with advertising outlets
- Partner with the Marketing & Communications Associate on Digital Social Ad campaigns
- Ensure consistency of visual identity and branding across media
- Manage image & video playlists for MH lobby monitor
- Write, edit and proofread marketing copy as needed
- Assist at and attend occasional performances
- Help with special projects/events as required
- B.A. or B.S in related field and at least 3 years experience
- Strong design background with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator) and video editing software
- Strong photography skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Strong web background including advanced knowledge of Dreamweaver and html, and significant experience with content management systems (such as Expression Engine, Drupal, Convio, Kintera, etc.)
- Experience with ad layout and media buying
- Solid understanding of how to use social media effectively as a marketing tool
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization best practices and keyword search
- Familiarity with web analytics
- Familiarity with CRM systems, ideally Tessitura
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please email résumé and letter of interest with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line should read: Visual Designer. No phone calls, please.
Kaufman Music Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.