Job Title: Case Management Supervisor
Reports to: Program Director
Status: Full-time, Mon - Friday
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Job Location: Morrisania, Bronx, NY
We are seeking a dynamic and engaging Case Management Supervisor who has experience working with formerly homeless, individuals with chronic medical conditions including HIV and AIDS in the community. The ideal candidate will have solid clinical knowledge, supervisory experience as well as experience working with clients impacted by mental illness, substance use, criminal justice involvement and medical issues. The Case Management Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of the case management team and works closely with the Program Director to build a program culture that emphasizes respect for all members and progress toward goals.
In the absence of the Program Director this position may require availability outside of the standard workday, and as such must be ready and available at times to direct and support staff either by phone or in-person if needed during the evenings, weekends and holidays.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides clinical supervision to all case management staff.
- Reviews and signs-off on documentation completed by the case management team, and ensures staff maintain high standards of care.
- Conducts internal chart reviews in collaboration with the program director.
- Reviews dashboards and monthly reports with staff as a means of tracking performance.
- Participates in interviews with prospective clients and assesses clients' ability to reside safely in independent supportive housing.
- Provides integrated counseling and case management services to a small caseload.
- Makes referrals and serves as a liaison with various care coordination agencies, health and mental health providers, substance use programs and employment providers to secure services.
- Develops and maintains confidential records for each assigned client according to mandated schedule and reporting requirements.
- Ensures staff utilize a harm reduction approach to support residents around issues of substance use.
- Supports staff in actively engaging residents through regular apartment visits, community outings and escorts to appointments as needed.
- Develops and implements groups and programs that are appropriate for the residents' needs and fosters an inclusive, respectful community.
- Collaborates with the Leasing and Compliance team to ensure housing stability; assists in financial planning and budgeting to ensure that clients are able to meet their financial needs and rental obligations.
- Collaborates with HASA workers assigned to work with the tenants when needed.
- Supports staff in coordinating case conferences between HASA and tenants.
- Participates in a robust training program that includes training in evidenced-based models to ensure highest level of service is provided to clients.
- Assists the Program Director with hiring and training of new staff.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, clinical meetings, community meetings with clients; may lead staff meetings in the absence of the Program Director.
- Supports the staff in development of safety plans for residents; deescalate clients and collaboratively manage crisis as they arise.
- Provides overall day-to-day program management in the absence of the Program Director.
- Completes required reports, as assigned.
- Performs other job-related functions, as assigned.
- Master's Degree in social work, human services or related field.
- Supervisory experience.
- Minimum of three years experience working in the field of social service, housing or emergency shelter.
- Must possess strong clinical and interpersonal skills; be able to work effectively as part of a team and have the ability to make sound assessments of tenants' strengths and needs.
- Comfort working in a harm reduction model with individuals actively struggling with ongoing substance use issues.
- Must have initiative, the ability to work well under pressure, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience utilizing database to document and report upon work with clients and staff.
- Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Valid LMSW, LCSW or LMHC credential.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, mental health, substance use or chronically homeless population
- Experience working with evidence-based models such as Motivational Interviewing is preferred
- Oversees Social Workers, Case Managers, and Peer Engagement Specialists