34 Benwood Avenue
The National Black Leadership Commission on AIDS, Inc., (NBLCA) is hiring a Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Special Projects, and lead in coordination of the assigned work in fulfillment of NBLCA’s Mission and implementation of funding contracts’ guidelines and compliance to ensure an effective approach to prevention, public policy, advocacy and impact in addressing HIV/AIDS and other health disparities with the focus on high-risk negatives.
The program coordinator will with work with faith and community based organizations in Buffalo New York to reduce the number of HIV, STI and Hepatitis C infections and increase viral suppression among PLWHA.
- Responsible for day-to-day oversight of program
- Developing and enforcing policy and procedures
- Ensuring grant and regulatory compliance, monitoring spending, and ensuring program goals and deliverables are being met.
- Will lead quality assurance and quality improvements efforts for their program.
- Conducts training and technical assistance workshops in support of Affiliate leadership /community development and contractual work plans;
- Helps maintain linkages among Affiliates, community, civic, governmental and other relevant organizations;
- Supports, plans, and participates in local and statewide program activities and events
- Understanding of the structural and cultural issues related to HIV/AIDS prevention among African Americans and and Latino (women and MSM);
- High level proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Expert oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; expert public speaking and presentation skills;
- Experience working with faith-based organizations.
Bachelor's degree required, plus 5 years of relevant employment involving HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C and other health disparities. Experience with the LGBTQ community.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS, STIs, and Hepatitis C related medical/social/testing/prevention issues, including addiction, homelessness, sexuality issues preferred.
- Excellent research, written and verbal communications skills.
- Previous supervision of staff.
- Ability to explain clearly and persuasively consumers and community leaders, NBLCA’s stance on public policy issues.
- Successful planning and delivery of advocacy trainings.
- CDC or MDCH training in HIV Prevention and Education, HIV Counseling is preferred but may be obtained post-employment.
- Sensitivity to populations at increased risk for HIV acquisition (through injectable drug use, exposure to an intravenous drug user, high-risk sexual activities such as commercial sex, street, and homelessness).
- Sensitivity to ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, values, beliefs, and behaviors.
Valid Driver’s License and valid Insurance
Must have your own transportation
Must be able to walk up and down stairs
Must be able to lift 5 - 25 pounds
Must be able to kneel, bend, squat, and stand
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible full-time employees. We offer health insurance, dental, 401k, Flexible Spending Account and Commuter Transit Checks
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume with salary requirement and cover letter, describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted. Please e-mail email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS.