Details: Annual Salary
Child Trends seeks to hire an Assistant to support the Proposal and Compliance team. The Proposal and Compliance team supports 150+ social science researchers through the competitive grant bidding process for both federal and foundation funding opportunities and their post-award reporting obligations. This is a research administration role, not focused on fundraising or philanthropy. The assistant would report directly to the Proposal and Compliance Specialist, taking additional instruction from the Senior Director of Contracts, Compliance & Administration as needed. Salary range is $40,000-$42,000 based upon skills and experience.
- Schedule and set-up strategy meetings, taking detailed notes and itemizing Request for Proposal (RFP) documents;
- Facilitate communications between various internal departments;
- Provide accurate data entry for several databases and maintain digital filing and record-keeping;
- Draft administrative support documents, including charts, letters of commitment, bios, project descriptions, and other related materials for federal and foundation grant applications;
- Welcome new staff and convert Curricula Vita records for all researchers into Child Trends format to use during the competitive bidding process;
- Manage twice a month blasts on bid meeting activity;
- Disseminate reminders twice a month on grant reporting deadlines to project managers;
- Disseminate training reminders on human subjects and data security to staff, maintaining activity log;
- Assist Proposal and Compliance team with quarterly orientation trainings and other webinars;
- Scan documents, make photocopies, and prepare out-going shipments as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree with coursework demonstrating aptitude in critical thinking and writing. Transcripts will be requested before hire.
- Very strong communications skills. Ability to read, write, and communicate well in English. Must be able to proofread materials for consistency and quality, including correct usage of grammar, mechanics, and punctuation. Basic writing test will be administered before hire.
- A minimum of one year office/clerical experience, whether through past employment, volunteerism, or internships.
- Adaptability and ability to balance competing priorities under tight, changing deadlines.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail. Ability to follow specific instructions and synthesize large amounts of information in a timely manner.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and strong typing skills. 60+ WPM, preferred.
- A self-motivated worker – who can lead independent tasks while still maintaining good judgment and regular check-ins with the team;
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to putting quality first.
This position offers multiple opportunities for professional development and is a great start to a career in regulatory compliance, business development, research administration, and/or grant writing.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow the “apply” link to submit your application. When asked by the system to upload resume, please upload one document that includes your resume, cover letter, transcripts and contact information for three professional references. Materials must be combined into one document in order to be uploaded. If you have any difficulties with this process please email the requested materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to reference the position in the subject line. No phone calls please!