VOCATIONAL/EDUCATIONAL Director JOB Description
ABOUT The Organization
The mission of the Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) is to change lives and create safe, healthy communities by providing a support and advocacy network for, and comprised of, formerly incarcerated men and women to accomplish this mission. ARC advocates for fair policies in the juvenile and criminal justice systems and provides a supportive network of reentry services to formerly incarcerated individuals. ARC currently serves more than 500 formerly incarcerated individuals across two offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, with an annual budget of $5.5 million. Learn more at www.arc-ca.org.
ARC is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Vocational/Educational Director to join its Los Angeles senior management team. The Vocational/Educational Director plays an integral role in advancing the mission of the organization by bringing a strategic, high-level perspective to ARC’s vocational and educational needs. This individual will oversee and build upon all aspects of ARC’s Vocational/Educational programming and will work to create new partnerships in the community that will serve as a resource for the needs of ARC’s members. This position will directly explore new and innovative vocational and educational opportunities for ARC’s membership and will develop new programming that further advances this new and exciting department.
Reporting to the Deputy Director (DD), the Vocational/Educational Director will further define and develop the departmental infrastructure and systems needed to support the organization’s continued growth over the next 5-10 years. This position will also supervise the Job Developer and Vocational/Educational Coordinator and all other positions directly related to this department.
The Vocational/Educational Director will oversee compliance with government (local and state) contracts and private grants that are related to employment and education. She or he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Improve upon current Vocational/Educational community partner relationships.
· Create new departmental related community partners in the workforce and in the educational institutions.
· Supervise and manage Vocational/Educational grants and contracts.
· Prepare and finalize data related to Vocational/Educational grants and contracts.
· Develop programming and budgets related to new grants and contracts.
· Work closely with Program Director to ensure interdepartmental communication is at the highest level.
The Vocational/Educational Director will have at least 5 years of professional experience at a rapid-growth organization. This person must also be well versed in the obstacles and barriers facing system-impacted individuals in the employment and educational arenas.
The Vocational/Educational Director will have the following experience and attributes:
· Master’s Degree in related field or Bachelor’s Degree with specialized directly related training.
· 5 Years demonstrated experience in management in the nonprofit sector, including sophisticated fund and grant management, compliance and reporting.
· Innovative, flexible and self-starter.
· Ability to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
· Excellent people skills, with experience in collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse and dynamic team environment.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to ARC’s mission.
· Strong and affective problem solving skills.
· ARC strongly encourages qualified formerly incarcerated and system-impacted individuals to apply.
· Passionate about the ARC mission.
· Salary range $60K - $65K depending on experience.
· ARC pays 75% medical/dental/vision benefits for individual; 50% for dependents.
· 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days.
· Approximately 10 days office closure during Christmas and New Years.
Minimum Education Required