Joe’s Pub at The Public is one of New York City’s most celebrated venues for emerging and established performance artists. Named for Public Theater founder Joe Papp, Joe’s Pub debuted in 1998 and plays a vital role in The Public’s mission of supporting young artists while providing established artists with an intimate space to perform and develop new work. Joe’s Pub presents talent from all over the world as part of The Public’s programming downtown at its Astor Place home, hosting approximately 800 shows and serving over 100,000 audience members annually.
Joe’s Pub is looking for a full-time Communications Assistant to perform a range of administrative, marketing and press support activities to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. This is an entry-level position. Press, marketing and/or arts administration experience preferred but not required. This position reports to the Associate Director of Joe’s Pub.
Marketing Manager Support
· Submit & execute promotional print and digital marketing materials (including print calendars, marquees)
· Build shows in in Tessitura
· Create and send weekly eblast to 85,000+ patrons using Wordfly
Press Manager Support
· Draft and send weekly press releases, news alerts and other materials
· Maintain database of press contacts and do in-depth media outlet research
· Coordinate all Joe’s Pub social media platforms including posts, scheduling and overall social media strategy
· Collaborate with Press and Marketing Managers to develop multi-media assets for artists and institution
· Perform general administrative assistant duties to support Director of Joe’s Pub including but not limited to answering phone calls, taking messages
· Compile and maintain information on The Public Theater’s internal intranet database
· Support Joe’s Pub Working Group artists
· Perform additional duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented, systematic, and possess strong time management skills and works well in a team; have strong written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of programs within Microsoft Office suite, Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator; proficiency in social media platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat and social media management tools like Hootsuite; passion for working in a diverse work environment; working knowledge of New York City music/arts scene, and be a self-motivated, creative, forward thinker.
The Public is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is a Non-Exempt position according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required