Harlem Village Academies
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
As Recruitment Coordinator, you ensure the efficient functioning of the team that recruits the top talent necessary to provide every child at Harlem Village Academies with a world class education.
You help build a strong pipeline of top talent by managing job postings, conducting research, cultivating partnerships, and networking. You own the recruiting cycle for entry-level roles and provide key support to talent searches across the organization. You ensure seamless logistics for travel and events. You manage our systems for tracking applications and communicating with candidates. You make sure that our team is supported to do our work as well as possible.
Our ideal candidate is a smart, motivated high performer, with superlative organization skills, attention to detail, and a customer service focus. You care about students receiving the best possible education and want to grow in the education field. You connect with people quickly and effortlessly. You get around obstacles in order to accomplish ambitious goals. You thrive as part of a dynamic and committed team.
- Ensure that great candidates are constantly learning about and applying to Harlem Village Academies by strategically maintaining online job postings
- Support searches for a range of positions with admin support, research, and outreach
- Ensure prompt, seamless scheduling of interviews, liaising with candidates and internal clients
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment for entry-level positions, part-time staff and interns
- Manage relationships with key vendors and outside partners
- Coordinate logistics for and represent HVA at recruitment events, including some on evenings and weekends
- Promote HVA brand by maintaining social media accounts and publishing a regular recruitment newsletter
- Meticulously manage recruitment databases and analyze data to inform strategic decisions
- Own all general administrative needs of the team, including budget and data tracking, to ensure everything is working well at all times
- Bachelor’s degree required; 1-2 years of professional experience preferred
- Self-motivated, resourceful, detail- and deadline-oriented
- Superbly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong customer service orientation
- Fine-tuned analytical skills with strengths in attention to detail, problem-solving, and logical reasoning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style with the ability to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Proficiency with Excel and data analysis (proficiency with Greenhouse ATS is a plus)
- Excellent team player, with willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to support the success of Harlem Village Academies
Minimum Education Required