2201 Moore Street
Diversified Community Services is a deeply-embedded neighborhood based nonprofit agency serving nearly 8,000 children, youth, adults, and families in the Point Breeze section of South Philadelphia. Diversified is a multi-purpose social service agency emphasizing education and skill-building while providing early childhood education as an integral function of its mission to serve Point Breeze’s low-income community. Diversified has been providing a comprehensive array of services to children and adults in the Point Breeze neighborhood of South Philadelphia for over a century. Services include:
- For young children: Early childhood education
- For school-age youth: Out-of-school time programming (after school and summer camp); and case management for at risk youth
- For adults: Employment training, parenting education, energy assistance programs, housing counseling programs, and financial literacy; and
- For the community at large: Affordable housing and community economic development
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the daily operations of his/her assigned classroom and the supervision of children and of assigned staff personnel.
- Cares for the children's' physical, emotional, social and cognitive needs.
- Create and implement lesson plans.
- Be actively involved with the children in order to provide guidance as they learn.
- Assure appropriate classroom ratios are always maintained.
- Care for the children in the classroom and outdoor settings.
- Must be flexible in the deliberation of her/his duties.
- Be cordial and professional at all times when communicating with parents, staff, superiors and visitors.
- Administer student assessments to all children in order to track growth and provide appropriate intervention, when necessary and with the support of administration.
- Complete and maintain required program documentation
- Perform other job related duties as per job description and as assigned by Center Director.
A BA/BS degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or university along with two or more years of experience teaching young children (ages 3 to 5).
Medical, dental, sick, vacation, holiday pay, 403B plan
Minimum Education Required