Office Services Coordinator | Receptionist
- Job posted by Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
The Office Services Coordinator/Receptionist is positioned at DVRPC's reception desk and is responsible for a wide variety of administrative assignments for DVRPC staff. The main responsibilities are directing incoming calls on the switchboard, greeting and directing visitors, ensuring the reception and Conference areas are neat and run efficiently, managing the meeting calendar and meeting preparations, and assisting staff with various office tasks, such as scanning, archiving, mailings, and event support (coordinating food functions, stuffing folders, and printing last-minute name tags). This position also takes a hands-on approach to assisting the Facilities Coordinator. Other administrative tasks may include typing, mailings, preparing meeting packets, formatting and proofreading documents; creating and using spreadsheets; and cleanup of database records. The work requires professional attire, and involves discretion and initiative within the framework of established policies and procedures, and making independent operating decisions based upon experience and knowledge of departmental operations. Administrative work assignments from individual staff members will be assigned by the Manager, Technical and Operational Services. This is a full-time position Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with occasional flexibility to support night meetings.
· Serve as a receptionist. About 20 percent of this job involves greeting the public for our 50+ public meetings, answering general inquiries, referrals to appropriate staff, and safeguards the smooth flow of reception area procedures. Provide a measure of building security.
· Answer all incoming telephone calls and make proper connections to the requested person.
· Familiarize yourself with regular DVRPC visitors, meeting policies, and security procedures.
· Oversee and manage conference meeting and preparation requests for internal meetings and external guests. Tasks include maintaining the rooms schedules, coordinating with the Facilities Coordinator and IT Support Assistant, meeting preparation and verifying any resulting invoices, and clean-up before and after every event. Act as back-up for rearranging conference room furniture configurations, as needed.
· Answer routine non-technical questions and refer other questions to proper individual skilled in that specific area.
· Notify staff of incoming and outgoing phone messages, faxes, mail, and deliveries. Deliver priority mail & packages. Assist staff with sending faxes.
· Maintain a neat, clean, and professional reception and Conference areas.
· Assist all DVRPC staff in an administrative role on key projects, particularly with internal and external event planning.
· Perform word processing duties such as typing, formatting, proofreading, PDF creation, OCR of scanned documents, and size optimization of files.
· Create and maintain spreadsheets.
· Utilize, maintain, and enhance databases.
· Maintain and develop new administrative skills needed at the Commission.
· Serve as backup for all facility matters in the Facilities Coordinator's absence.
· Perform related work as required.
· Punctual attendance, especially on meeting dates.
· Expert level experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access).
· Experience with Windows network environments, organized electronic file management, Adobe Acrobat forms, G Suite, and with using various office equipment and technologies.
· Ability to greet visitors and answer a variety of telephone calls responding in a professional, friendly, polite, and efficient way at a reception desk.
· Ability to communicate professionally with business partners, government officials, the public, building personnel, and employees. Ability to remember accurately, the names of personnel and to understand simple organizational structure and departmental responsibilities.
· Experience with calendar management, and event planning. Ability to proactively analyze event situations and adapt as necessary.
· Ability to lift a minimum of forty (40) pounds needed to perform room setup in Conference area as back-up for Facilities Coordinator.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work. Proven experience handling several projects at once.
· Ability to accept multiple assignment requests in a friendly manner and complete assignments correctly within the allotted time frame.
· Skilled in typing at a reasonable rate of speed, with good proofreading, spelling and grammar skills.
· Ability to scan and optimize PDFs.
· Excellent written and oral communication, basic math skills, and time management skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to sit for extended periods.
Experience & Training
At least two years of administrative experience in a professional office environment operating a telephone system, receiving visitors, and using word processing, spreadsheet and database computer programs. Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Fluency in a second language is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume/cv with cover letter to Human Resources via email@example.com