4646 40th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Quantitative Research Assistant (QRA) works with CAL’s psychometrics and quantitative research team to provide assistance and support in research and project activities related to the ACCESS for ELLs English language proficiency assessment and other English language proficiency assessments. The QRA assists senior researchers in the preparation of analyses and tables and figures to include in written reports. Work includes the analysis of assessment data for internal and external applications, and the preparation of technical reports.
- Data cleaning.
- Work with large data files, including investigating and understanding data transfer procedures and their applications.
- Descriptive statistical analysis in Excel and SPSS.
- Checking analysis.
- Creating SPSS syntax to clean and manipulate data sets.
- Investigating and understanding data sets and their connection to applications.
- Work to prepare technical reports.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from an accredited college or university, in a relevant field, with at least four (4) years of quantitative experience; or
- Master’s degree (MA/MS) from an accredited college or university, in a relevant field with strong quantitative background.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience working with SPSS, in a professional position or extended research project.
- Experience working with Excel, in a professional position or extended research project.
- Experience working with large quantitative data sets.
- Experience with following quality control procedures and documenting workflow.
- Experience working with a quantitative research team.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects independently.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Advanced SPSS skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with SPSS syntax, in a professional position or extended research project.
- Experience with educational assessment, especially language assessment and/or online adaptive assessment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested in the Quantitative Research Assistant (QRA) position:
Please email resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing position number 18-04.
For best consideration, please ensure your cover letter addresses the education requirement and the required and desired skills and experience.