Details: Commensurate with experience
4900 Puerto Rico Ave, NE
The Capital Area Food Bank in Washington DC seeks a mission-driven, motivated, and competent IS Manager to join our IT team. The IS Manager will oversee and maximize the value of all deployed IS systems, effectively implement new database applications, and ensure integrations function well. The IS Manager will also establish a culture that promotes great data governance through the creation of SOPs and quality assurance measures that are dependent on accurate reporting, informative dashboards, and automated workflows. The responsibilities of this role also include working collaboratively with knowledge experts to define business cases, mapping process flows, defining user acceptance plans, and re-engineering processes when appropriate. This role has an organization-wide scope with great potential impact because the CAFB’s information systems allow us to meet our mission efficiently. This role works closely with the Head of Metrics and Evaluation to ensure alignment of KPIs and goals.
· Manage and maintain all database information systems including Salesforce for donor and volunteer management, a CRM for programs, an ERP for finance and inventory management, and a data warehouse for reporting, among others.
· Establishes vision and implementation plan for strong data governance across entire organization
· Maximizes effectiveness of databases by configuring applications appropriately, creating workflows and go-live plans, writing documentation, providing post go-live support, and developing needed reports.
· Develops and troubleshoots SQL queries and stored procedures.
· Provides monthly “tips and tricks” to share best practices and new features
· Leads the cross-functional IS Strategy Team, a group composed of the administrators & super-users of the deployed database applications.
· Performs hands-on work like combing through tables scrubbing data, data mapping between systems, documenting system architecture, and creating end user documentation.
· Manages vendor relationships while working closely with support teams
· Confirms integrations between systems are working appropriately
· Supervises data hygiene, database backup, and other maintenance tasks
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
· 5-7 years+ experience as an IS Manager, Business Systems Analyst, or practical experience in the analysis, design and implementation of technical projects, including experience with the completion of business and functional design documents.
· Prior experience with enterprise CRM and ERP database systems, particularly Salesforce. Other systems could include NetSuite, Dynamics 365, NAV, etc.
· Proficiency with Microsoft technologies, especially Excel. SSRS & SSIS experience preferred.
· SQL query writing experience; SQL programming a plus.
· Background in report writing and BI experience, preferably with SSRS, Power BI, or Tableau.
· Prefer GIS mapping experience
· Professional, accountable, and results-oriented, with the ability to work independently while supporting multiple stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills to work with end-users of varying technical ability, and to translate their input into technical requirements that developers can use to enhance systems.
· Great project management skills, with a high attention to detail.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with various deliverables and deadlines. Able to adapt focus according to changing priorities and competing levels of urgency.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that enhance how people interact with data systems.
· Physical activities involve sitting for 80% or more of the work day.
· Occasionally lift office supplies up to 20 pounds.
· Normal business office environment, mostly at DC headquarters.
· Regular hours Monday – Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm; extended hours when necessary (compensatory time is available)
· Must be willing to respond to infrequent weekend and evening technical emergencies
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We offer: Competitive compensation and benefits * free onsite parking and complimentary shuttle to metro * professional development, growth, and volunteer opportunities * fun work in a diverse environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please list your minimum salary requirements in your cover letter. Many thanks.