555 Water Street Southwest
District of Columbia
Provides key administrative support for the Lead Agency Ward 6 program, maintaining confidentiality while overseeing the day-to- day operations, clerical, human resources, cash handling and reporting functions.
• Acts as the point of contact between Director and employees.
• Trains new and current employees on how to operate office equipment.
• Trains employees on DCOA CSTARS database system.
• Researches and schedules necessary staff development trainings.
• Ensures that licensing and credentials are current for staff who require licensing.
• Assists in preparing, typing, proofreading and assembling various reports, correspondence, memorandums and documents as required.
• Develops a tracking system that provides statistical data.
• Prepares time and attendance for Ward 6 Senior Services staff, consultants, National Caucus on Black Aged, and the Department of Employment Services participants; and file copies of documents.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Disburse all income mail.
• Prepares Ml's and A/P invoices for the Director's review.
• Enrolls and updates new and current employees' benefit and health packages.
• Requisitions, tracks and maintains accurate inventory of office supplies.
• Receives and reviews all important source documents (lunch, activities sheets and client intakes)
• Enters all collected data into DCOA computer database system
• Handles monthly cash deposits of donations.
• Prepares computer data reports for review by the Program Director prior to submission
• Enters unit data into backup excel spreadsheet and uploads spreadsheet into DCOA's computer database system.
• Organizes, files and secures hard copy source documents
• Communicates with DCOA IT Specialist to report any issues or problems with computer database.
• Serves as a backup to the Receptionist
• Performs other duties as assigned
• A minimum requirement of a BA degree in Business, Accounting or related field with a three years minimum combined experience of data and office management skills.
• Excellent computer skills, including very good working knowledge of key software, and very good understanding of basic IT operations; ability to master the DCOA database.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
• Must be sensitive to, and understand the needs of the client population
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel/ Microsoft Software.
• Standard office environment.
Essential Physical Functions:
· Ability to lift 20 pounds and to sit for extended periods of time
· PC/laptop, computer printer, office copier, telephone, facsimile machine, shredder.
Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, Short/long Term Disability and 403b Retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required