84-35 152nd Street
Mission Statement: Growing Up Green Charter School empowers children to be conscious, contributing members of their community through a rigorous curriculum and an engaging green culture. Graduates of GUGCS will be prepared to attend high-performing schools where their interdisciplinary academic foundation, knowledge of sustainability, and strong sense of self sets them apart as leaders of the future.
Growing Up Green is currently looking for a NYS Certified ESOL teacher to work with English Language Learners as well as provide RtI support for struggling students for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Determine students needs by analyzing Home Language Questionnaires and administering the NYSITELL and NYSESLAT exams as needed
- Facilitate push-in and pull-out direct instruction with English Language Learners, (ELLs), and former ELLs
- Collaborate and co-plan with classroom teachers to scaffolding GUGCS curricular programs for ELLs
- Advocate for the needs of ELLs with classroom teachers and school leaders
- Review formal and informal assessment data with classroom teachers and/or advisors in order to track student progress and ensure the proper amount of support
- Keep families informed of student performance and progress
- Employ approaches that address multiple types of learners, (visual, sensory, kinesthetic, audio)
- Actively participate in school community through staff meetings, professional development opportunities, staff committees, and school events.
- Respond productively to ongoing, year-round professional feedback
- Provide tier 2 intervention to support to academically struggling students performing below grade level
- Strong commitment to Growing Up Green Charter School’s mission
- Deep respect for other cultures and customs
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teachers and coworkers
- Experience with technology integration
- Excellent organizational skills
- Master’s Degree required
- Teaching Certificate in TESOL
- At least one year experience teaching English Language Learners
- Candidates fluent in a language other than English are highly encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Growing Up Green is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and value a diverse workforce, and we seek diversity among applicants for this position.
For more information about our school, please visit our website: www.gugcs.org