1616 P Street NW
Food & Water Watch is a leading national public interest organization that runs dynamic, cutting edge organizing campaigns to protect our essential resources—food, water and climate. Our mission is to stand up to corporations that put profits before people, and advocate for a democracy that improves people’s lives and protects our environment. In 2011, Food & Water Watch was the first national organization to call for a ban on fracking. We have won significant national victories including banning fracking in states and communities across the country as well as fighting water privatization in dozens of communities. Our legal work is focused on industrial agriculture, water privatization, food safety and climate and energy issues, all in pursuit of our organizational theory of change. Our work has been featured in the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Baltimore Sun and numerous other major media outlets.
We are seeking a Data Support 1 to focus on data entry. The new Data Support 1 will be responsible for:
- Convert digital images with applicable text into established electronic file formats
- Follow established Food & Water Watch data hygiene rules and policies
- Become proficient at various established upload tools, MS Office Word and Excel, and other systems and tools that are needed to complete job
- Respect the confidentiality of Food & Water Watch's data in all mediums.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position can be based out of Washington, DC if applicable.
- Transcribe hand written information into established electronic file formats
- Upload/store data in set systems and services as indicated by IT management and / or processes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: Has experience with working with Excel
- Knowledge: Strong time management skills, organizational skills and motivation.
- Skills: Proficient at typing as well as correcting data
- Capabilities: Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
This is a PT position that will work app. 29 hours a week for $15 an hour. This is also a temporary contract which could end on 8/16/19.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link:
Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.