901 N. Milton Avenue
Moveable Feast, a 501 c 3 nonprofit agency that provides more than 700,000 nutritious home-delivered meals to nearly 5,000 individuals/year living with life threatening illnesses seeks a full time (exempt) Client Services Associate to support all aspects of all client services including database management, contacts with referring agencies, initial intake, monitoring & reassessment of ongoing services, advocacy & client satisfaction, government grant applications & managing/recording statistics, assist the Transportation Manager with transportation coordination, assessing client eligibility, drivers routes and scheduling. Position reports to the Director of Client Services & Programs Department. Works closely with drivers and volunteers to distribute all drop-in/home-delivered foods. Works closely with other members of the Client Services Department (including Nutrition and Transportation departments).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists Client Services with initial intake, client inquiries & client tracking.
2. Assists in maintaining written & database documentation of clients receiving agency services ensuring client confidentiality.
3. Participates in home visits for client assessments & provides advocacy with the assistance of the Director of Client Services and the Dietitians as needed.
4. Maintains clear & accurate service data including: meal counts, client data, route information, service jurisdictions, services provided; service funding sources; & assists with preparation of reports requiring service & client data
5. Assists with extensive data management, including use of multiple client database systems.
6. Provides day-to-day phone contact with drivers, clients, service providers & placement agencies on transportation routes.
7. Receives client medical transportation intake needs & screens for eligibility for service.
8. Schedules clients for medical transportation. Communicates schedule & routing to drivers.
9. Confirms medical transportation scheduling with case managers & clients.
10. Packages freshly prepared meals as appropriate for drivers and volunteers.
11. Ensures that appropriates numbers of meals for drop in centers and home delivery are provided drivers and volunteers.
12. Ensures that clients receive appropriate foods as per assigned diets, including supplements.
13. Assesses client service satisfaction & results bi-annually.
14. Works closely with kitchen staff and drivers to ensure effective communication and smooth delivery of foods.
15. Performs all clerical/administrative support to Transportation Department and Client Services Department.
16. Maintains relevant statistics & prepares monthly/quarterly/annual agency reports. Handles incoming calls & completes general office procedures.
17. Assists with government-related grant applications for all client programs.
18. Maintains effective and organized filing system.
19. Adheres to Moveable Feast’s Personnel Policies & Procedures Manual.
20. Adheres to all Federal Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations, by protecting the privacy & security of all patient/client health information.
21. Participates in advocacy activities that support Moveable Feast’s mission & annual fund raising events; and departmental & organization meetings.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent, required. Associate's degree, preferred. Experience in database management, required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; experience in database management, excellent oral & written communication; filing; appointment scheduling; meeting planning; & other administrative office skills. Safe Food Handling certificate (eligibility) or Serv Safe certification (eligible). Skilled in customer services techniques; proficient grammar, proofreading, proposal/grant writing & correspondence. Ability to type at least 60 wpm; be energetic, highly motivated, ability to multi-task; detailed oriented; use independent judgment; manage & impart confidential information; read & comprehend simple instructions; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to individuals & groups; apply common sense understanding; carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; interact competently and compassionately with a diverse staff & client population.
CareFirst BC/BS medical, dental & vision insurance (75% employer paid) + $2,000 HRA Visa Card; 2 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO); 9 paid holidays; & 403(b) retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: Client Services Associate 1B