It is anticipated that this is a 24-month position directly aligned to the life of the ERP project. The position is located onsite at ICAP offices on the Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC) campus in New York City. The Business Analyst is responsible to work directly with stakeholders throughout the ERP system development process to document key business requirements and to ensure that the system meets organizational needs through technical solutions.
- Serves as a liaison to and works with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure that the ERP system and solutions meet business process requirements.
- Documents business process requirements, and develops system functionalities and technical specifications to address them.
- Assesses and aligns functional specifications to business processes for development.
- Responds to production issues in the ERP functional modules, as assigned.
- Participates in testing of core ERP modules, as assigned.
- Troubleshoots and works to resolve process issues in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, in support of the project.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience in Finance, Organizational Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Programming, or other related disciplines.
- At least four (4) years of business process analysis experience within an academic institution or international non-governmental organization.
- Experience with design, development, and implementation of ERP systems.
- Experience supporting Change Management initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into system process and technical specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to bring stakeholders together, lead group analyses, and reach consensus for action.
- Ability to analyze problems and provide clear recommendations for solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.
- Capacity to work with a high degree of independence within a matrixed, deadline-driven, multi-tasking environment.
- Up to 4 trips of international travel, lasting 2-3 weeks in duration will be required.