70 Lincoln Center Plaza
FILM SOCIETY OF LINCOLN CENTER
POSITION: Manager, Special Events
DEPARTMENT: Special Events
LOCATION: New York
The Manager of Special Events reports to the Director of Special Events and is responsible for planning, managing, and executing Film Society events including the New York Film Festival, Film Society Gala Tribute, New Directors/New Films, Rendez-Vous with French Cinema, Film Comment, Selects, and Jewish Film Festival, as well as all donor events, New Wave events, Indie Nights, and various opening night receptions for annual series. The Manager also works closely with the Film Society’s corporate sponsors to activate their needs and requirements for all events.
- Create and monitor event budgets
- Create the copy and oversee the production of print items pertaining to events for the New York Film Festival, annual Gala Tribute, annual Series’ and Festival Openings, as well as Patron and Programming events; this may include, but is not limited to save-the-dates, invitations, Playbills, confirmation packets, thank-you signage, and step and repeats
- Liaise with numerous outside vendors for all Film Society events as it relates to catering, rentals, décor, security, labor, etc.
- Oversee event RSVP responses, lists, and theater seating for major Film Society events, including the annual Gala Tribute and New York Film Festival Opening, Centerpiece, and Closing Nights.
- Build and Maintain relationships with various outside vendors re: on-going production donations, including the Film Society’s sponsors
- Act as a key Film Society representative at all events in order to welcome donors, sponsors, guests, and filmmakers
- Act as an events resource for outside companies that are renting the Roy & Frieda Furman Gallery
- Work with film studios to create joint events, including premieres; work with Programming department to manage said partnerships on such events
Director, Special Events
FULL-TIME___X___ If full-time, number of months per year__12__
PART-TIME_______ If part-time, number of hours per week______
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Empire Blue( Health Care), Cigna (Dental)